• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

SUN 3/11 Lake Barryessa/Knoxville/Rayhouse Rd.

Now we just need to beat the rain. :|

Keep in mind that Sunday 3/11 is the almond festival in Capay Valley. Expect lots of traffic on Hwy 16 with limited passing zones south of the casino.

http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/ag-environment/festival-celebrates-capays-almond-blossoms/

Rode Reiff today (3/3) from Hwy 16 up to the gate near Knoxville and back, great conditions even with the recent rains. The locals said they had an inch of rain and nine inches of wind to dry it up. Ha.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18130037&postcount=119
 
So Seavoyage,

If'n I can't get my lazy dead ass up early enough to get down to *$s, I may wanta catch y'all at Turtle Rock. You'll be go'in by there 'round 9:45 according ta mah calculations? Or are y'all gonna stop at poser's?

Whoops, Poser's is closing that very day.

Not that we can't stop there anyway, but Turtle Rock (128 at Berryessa Knoxvile Road) instead sounds good to me. Seavoyage, you wanna call this one?
 
If y'all are still meeting at posers AND it's not raining I'll meet ya there and tag along
 
I'm officially out for this one. Gonna try to make the next one.

Have fun!
 
If it rains am I gonna be the only one there? What kind of adventure bike melts in the rain anyhow?:rolleyes

seriously though, is everyone out of this ride if it sprinkles? I can see if its a downpour but if its just sprinkling...:ride
 
If it rains am I gonna be the only one there? What kind of adventure bike melts in the rain anyhow?:rolleyes

seriously though, is everyone out of this ride if it sprinkles? I can see if its a downpour but if its just sprinkling...:ride

Forecast right now says 50% rain for Sunday. Not good. I'd be up for a run tomorrow (Saturday), if anyone is interested....
 
If it rains am I gonna be the only one there? What kind of adventure bike melts in the rain anyhow?:rolleyes

seriously though, is everyone out of this ride if it sprinkles? I can see if its a downpour but if its just sprinkling...:ride

We don't 'expect it to rain'... Semper Gumby! Don't worry we ride in fog, drizzle, and sprinkles; and will show :ride Sprinkles = no dust! A downpour = mud on the jeep trails, and flooding at the water crossing, but there are still alternative routes (CA-121, CA-128, Butts Canyon Rd., CA-29) to keep the ride safe and enjoyable.
Riding in the dirt is similar to riding twisties in the wet.:kicknuts

See all y'all Sunday. :deadhorse
 
Last edited:
I'm out. Gonna do a different ride today (drier and warmer), and will shoot for this one again next month. Y'all have fun and take pics!
 
Daylight saving time

We are a GO! :thumbup

Q: When does Daylight Saving Time begin?

A: On Sunday, March 11, 2012, at 2 a.m., you should move your clocks ahead one hour (“Spring forward, fall back!”). That is, unless you live in Hawaii, Arizona and the Midway Islands and Wake Island, which do not observe daylight saving time.

Sunday Weather: Source: NOAA http://forecast.weather.gov

9am 48°F 43°Dew Point 84% Humidity Chance Rain Wind SSW 9 G 13
12pm 55°F 43°Dew Point 65% Humidity Chance Rain Wind SSW 15 G 20
3pm 57°F 41°Dew Point 55% Humidity Chance Rain Wind SSW 13 G 16
 
Last edited:
Seavoyage,
I'm in plus a buddy from San Jose. We're trucking our bikes to Starbucks since it's over an hour away for him. Hope to park nearby.

See you at 8:45 daylight savings time. :thumbup
 
Seavoyage,
I'm in plus a buddy from San Jose. We're trucking our bikes to Starbucks since it's over an hour away for him. Hope to park nearby.

See you at 8:45 daylight savings time. :thumbup

Tons of parking next to Starbucks. Hasta Manana.
 
Banjoboy and I did a bit of reconnaissance today.

The good news is, the gate's open.

DSC04814.JPG


Not so good, some of the road after the gate is really gnarly. Big rocks, ruts, some steep sections. As an inexperienced dirt rider I really shouldn't have been on it and did have a get-off. I'm pretty sure that riding it with any sort of water on the ground would be a bad idea.

Just consider this a PSA. Y'all have a great ride!
 
Banjoboy and I did a bit of reconnaissance today.

The good news is, the gate's open.

Not so good, some of the road after the gate is really gnarly. Big rocks, ruts, some steep sections. As an inexperienced dirt rider I really shouldn't have been on it and did have a get-off. I'm pretty sure that riding it with any sort of water on the ground would be a bad idea.

Just consider this a PSA. Y'all have a great ride!

Kudos to rodr and Banjoboy... bailed on Sunday's ride but made up by providing a route reconnaissance 24 hours ahead of the main party. Brave souls...
did have a get-off
got his ADV cherry popped on a weestrom!:shocker

Nice photo of Banjoboy and his FZ6... yes you heard me: his FZ6 dirtbike shod with 17" street tires! and full Aerostich fashion.
 
Last edited:
I have to finish off a project on my Husky so I won't be able to do this ride. I was the one coming from the west side so no need to look for me at the 121/128 intersection. I'm definitely up for the next ride as long as I don't start something that I can't finish in time. Have a great ride everyone.
 
I'm out too...hiccup in the bike service that is now waiting on a part. :(

You guys have a good ride and I hope you beat the rain :twofinger
Hope to join you next month.


T
 
WTF Rod, you wuz supposed to show the pic with the gate closed! :mad
I just got home at 7:50. After I peeled off and headed up 128, right 'round Cache Creek, I felt my foot slipping off the right peg. I looked down ta see the whole right side of mah bike 'n leg wuz covered in Oil, rear tire 'n all!!! I pulled over and saw it was my filler cap had come off, (Too much dirt'in?) so, stuffed a rag in, but that popped out under load, so I called Dani, but she's down in SC, so I called AAA. (Good think I still have my card even though I sold my BMW!)
The guy didn't want to have ta drag my sorry ass all the way to SR, see he stopped by his shop, (In Winters) and found an oil filler cap, I screwed it on, 'n rode home.
What an mf'in adventure!!!
But yeah, the gate (To hell's :devil ) open.
Have fun tomorrow, I'll be home cleaning the oil outta mah 'Stich!
Banjoboy and I did a bit of reconnaissance today.

The good news is, the gate's open.

DSC04814.JPG


Not so good, some of the road after the gate is really gnarly. Big rocks, ruts, some steep sections. As an inexperienced dirt rider I really shouldn't have been on it and did have a get-off. I'm pretty sure that riding it with any sort of water on the ground would be a bad idea.

Just consider this a PSA. Y'all have a great ride!
 
Yikes!!! That sounds like NO fun at all. What are the odds of an auto tow shop in Winters having a Yamaha oil filler cap in stock? Glad you're ok.....it could have been a lot worse.
 
Back
Top