• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2026)

I don't have a good way to generate pressure, compressor but no power at the garage. Also, how does that work once one it out, I guess you just plug the bore somehow to get enough pressure to pop the other one out?
Can you run an extension cord from somewhere else? Maybe blow out the neighboring units power. ;)

I sometimes use a rag between the pistons, so they can't come all the way out. If you get them most of the way out with air, the final bit of removal is usually pretty easy.
 
I can probably carry the compressor (it's small) to my condo and pop them out there. Might order a tool and wait since I need brake pads before I can really put everything back together anyway. We'll see if coffee motivates me differently.
 
Hey Mel,

Random thought that can go to pm, but, if you (or any whorez) have any grief counseling resources I can pass on to a friend in Texas, please send them my way.

0 income, 3 kids, breadwinner died unexpectedly.

Oldest daughter (5yr) is showing struggles.

Mom is definitely struggling.

I found a local therapist close to her that is sliding scale that I can cover sessions with for almost a year with my fundraising efforts for her, and hopefully will help but if there's any thing else I can send her way, I would love to give her as many tools as I can.
this hits deep :(

do they have family local to them in texas? is that where she is from? mom and girls need local constant support, i hope they are getting that where they are, and if not, planning to relocate where there is support

commendable to cover sessions, koi ❤️
 
I would only have suggestions for a therapist in California but tell your friend that he can also look into University counseling programs. You can be seen by an intern and then have the best tx when they work with their clinical supervisor to get treatment recommendations regarding how to treat the individual. It is usually free or very low cost.
 
this hits deep :(

do they have family local to them in texas? is that where she is from? mom and girls need local constant support, i hope they are getting that where they are, and if not, planning to relocate where there is support

commendable to cover sessions, koi ❤️

Not really, sorta but not for long.

Her family is California so I think eventually goal is back this way with the fam but currently just trying to survive while processing.


I recommend that you friend sees a therapist in person. Over the computer can feel distant.


I also recommended in person, especially for the kid.

My online sessions suck and the college program is just so random for scheduling it's hard to be consistent every 3-6 weeks.
 
When I had my 600 Ninja I was so unmechanical that I wore through my rear pads until they disappeared and my piston was grinding against the disc. :rofl
 
When I had my 600 Ninja I was so unmechanical that I wore through my rear pads until they disappeared and my piston was grinding against the disc. :rofl
I did this on my car back in the day, I didn't work on things then, and I was lazy so while I knew the brakes were done, I procrastinated until one day the worn out pads just fell out and the next time I hit the brakes they removed one of the pistons. No brake pressure, no problem, good thing it was a stick with a parking brake. Drove that car 40 minutes to my buddies place (at night to avoid traffic). New rotors and calipers sure made stopping easy again
 
I can probably carry the compressor (it's small) to my condo and pop them out there. Might order a tool and wait since I need brake pads before I can really put everything back together anyway. We'll see if coffee motivates me differently.
I have a generator I'd give you. It is not a quiet thing but may be an aid to your endeavers.
 
When I had my 600 Ninja I was so unmechanical that I wore through my rear pads until they disappeared and my piston was grinding against the disc. :rofl
THIS is why were not taking advice from Meandad.
 
I have a generator I'd give you. It is not a quiet thing but may be an aid to your endeavers.
That'd definitely get the upstairs neighbors riled up, gotta keep it quiet in the garage so we don't get evicted. I've considered a battery power bank, but honestly, running the compressor would be problematic on its own.
 
I did this on my car back in the day, I didn't work on things then, and I was lazy so while I knew the brakes were done, I procrastinated until one day the worn out pads just fell out and the next time I hit the brakes they removed one of the pistons. No brake pressure, no problem, good thing it was a stick with a parking brake. Drove that car 40 minutes to my buddies place (at night to avoid traffic). New rotors and calipers sure made stopping easy again
I was riding at night with buddies and at a stop sign one of them was like "BRO THAT WAS FUCKIN COOL DO IT AGAIN" and I'm like what the fuck are you talking about? He said when i hit the rear brakes a GIANT shower of sparks came off the bike. :laughing

So of course I did that the rest of the night. :rofl :rofl
 
Back
Top