• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

here are so pics:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1472.jpg
    DSCF1472.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF1473.jpg
    DSCF1473.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1474.jpg
    DSCF1474.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF1475.jpg
    DSCF1475.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF1476.jpg
    DSCF1476.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF1481.jpg
    DSCF1481.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF1480.jpg
    DSCF1480.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF1479.jpg
    DSCF1479.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF1478.jpg
    DSCF1478.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF1477.jpg
    DSCF1477.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 78
532359_10151082431035937_1029726154_n.jpg


580890_10151082430160937_1827984608_n.jpg


599399_10151082429560937_107052080_n.jpg


389084_10151082429380937_653997306_n.jpg


531756_10151082428840937_567917790_n.jpg


I was told to follow the big bikes since I was on a big bike, so I followed a bunch of BMW GS'. They were not even part of this BARF ride! :twofinger Most BMW 'drivers' are pricks, but BMW 'riders' are some of the nicest people I've met! Had fun riding with everybody none the less! :ride

582599_10151082431645937_766935403_n.jpg
 
Great time today, It's always nice to get the big bike dirty.
 
Fun ride guys, I think the "big trailie" group was awesome. Big thanks to our lead for keeping things...uhh, swift. :laughing

Aaron, Way to ride that little sucker. Also meant to tell you that you're getting a nice puff of blue smoke out your tailpipe when at high RPM (mainly when downshifting).

Eldrick, it was great watching you get up and move on that big trailie! Smoke at high revs... Probably using a little oil. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out this week.

Great seeing you again, sir
 
Fun day! :thumbup

Looking forward to doing it when there is a little moisture in the ground!
 
some more:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1487.jpg
    DSCF1487.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF1486.jpg
    DSCF1486.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1484.jpg
    DSCF1484.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF1483.jpg
    DSCF1483.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1482.jpg
    DSCF1482.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF1488.jpg
    DSCF1488.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF1489.jpg
    DSCF1489.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF1490.jpg
    DSCF1490.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF1492.jpg
    DSCF1492.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 58
Another fine ride Drew. :party Even the street ride wuz an adventure. :teeth
Hope the feller who dropped the GS & busted his peg wuz able ta continue?
Great ride today, gents. Drew, thanks for hosting the ride. I can't believe how many people showed up today. All sorts of fun bikes and interesting people.

I'm pretty happy with the little XT. That little beast hauled my tubby ass around very effectively. I completely forgot to take even a single picture, but man did I have fun.
Upon ferther review, I thinkz ya need a smaller bike! :laughing

IMG_1223____3.jpg
 
Hope the feller who dropped the GS & busted his peg wuz able ta continue?

We saw him ride by Cashe Creek.
Wonder how his significant other will be tomorrow. She seemed in good spirits at Knoxville but she might be a little sore tomorrow...
 
Andy, it was great to see you today. Hope you guys had fun on your route. Great pic, btw. :twofinger.
 
Andy, it was great to see you today. Hope you guys had fun on your route. Great pic, btw. :twofinger.
Great see'in you too Aaron. (You handsome devil. :drool )
The sweeperz 'bout a mile up the road, wuz sweet; I dun fergot how sweet. :party Then I railed 29 over St Helena. :teeth
 
Couldn't believe how many of you guys were at the bridge today, ready to rock. Looked like an awesome group ride. You were all there one minute, gone the next.:cool Nice pics!
 
Was there a KLR mechanical/electrical mishap on today's ride? I heard from some of the guys that one of the KLRs had a malfunction with the kickstand safety switch. I assume it was either you or Hugh's KLR. Last saw Tim (V-Strom) up on the ridge where the motards were fixing a flat. I backtracked on Reiff Rd. but never intercepted any of you.

What's you status? .

Yeah it was Hugh's KLR...I will let him post up tomorrow with details but looong story short James, me, and Hugh worked through the mulititude of challenges :wtf (it was tough up there in the heat/sun...:() and it delayed us quite a bit, but we all got home safely. Man oh man, when we hit the "Tower"? gas station and market in Lower Lake, and walked into their HUGE glass walk-in Frig to get some drinks...we were in HEAVEN...didn't wanna leave :teeth

Great seeing everybody, and I look forward to next months ride, hopefully with less mechanical drama:twofinger...thx Drew for putting it together!

Oh and Revenue Hunter...we saw a dead small dear on the R shoulder maybe a mile north of the north entrance to Knoxville OHV...don't know if it was yours but in my book it's one less deer to grow big and take one of us out so thanks:thumbup...and glad u were okay.


T
 
Couldn't believe how many of you guys were at the bridge today, ready to rock. Looked like an awesome group ride. You were all there one minute, gone the next.:cool Nice pics!
Damn girl, if'n I new you wuz at the bridge, I woulda stopped. :leghump
 
Oh and Revenue Hunter...we saw a dead small dear on the R shoulder maybe a mile north of the north entrance to Knoxville OHV...don't know if it was yours but in my book it's one less deer to grow big and take one of us out so thanks:thumbup...and glad u were okay.T

Yea that would be the one.
 
Another great ride! Almost makes me want a dirt bike.

Almost ? You don't need no stink'n dirt bike Dan, you ride that mighty triumph faster then most dirt bikes. Loved the sparks off the foot pegs as you dragged them around the corners heading down the hill.:thumbup John and Gary, right on awesome fun all day. Any time you dual sport down in the south bay John give us a heads up, that would be hella fun.:teeth
 
Great ride once again Drew! :thumbup even if we did have a flat that wouldn't go away even after installing a new (to the bike) tube that was "guaranteed" to hold air. We ended up having to stop every 30 minutes or so to pump more air into it. Also, a carb fell off one of the bikes after a get off but that got fixed when we were fixing the flat. Thanks to all for the assistance and moral support.

Nice to finally meet you Banjoboy, but you look way older then your avatar and I was surprised to see you had all your teeth :teeth

Olhogrider, once again you never failed to impress riding your Triumph in the dirt and we too were wondering "now why don't he just get a dirtbike?"
:rofl

El Sid, nice to see you again even if it was only when you stopped tearing it up for a break. I couldn't tell if you were faster on your new 650R or not since you were just too far ahead :twofinger
 
Last edited:
Very cool, Jeff. It was fun riding with you yesterday. Great job manhandling that beast around in the slippery, rocky dirt. :thumbup
 
Eldrick, it was great watching you get up and move on that big trailie! Smoke at high revs... Probably using a little oil. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out this week.

Great seeing you again, sir

No problem, it wasn't a constant smoke, just a nice thick puff. Fun riding with you guys again. :ride
 
Last edited:
Back
Top