• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

This last outing was taking no prisoners! Rough time for a bunch of people it looks like, oh the price of fun
 
Yup, but I'd do it all again in a hearbeat as I know all of you would too.
 
So I finally muster up enough energy to wash my bike and what do I find too? I guess 25lbs psi cold is too soft for the poor wheel.

Hmmmmm, looks like ALL of us on this ride should double check their wheels..... just to make sure.....:thumbup
 
Hey, no broken bones and no skin missing! That's pretty good for a group this size. My bike waited till I got home for its flat tire. The Bonneville is well trained.
 
Hmmmmm, looks like ALL of us on this ride should double check their wheels..... just to make sure.....:thumbup

I was just thinking the same thing. I'll be checking out the XT this evening....
 
My bike waited till I got home for its flat tire. The Bonneville is well trained.

Hey we were just speaking of a flat before you headed home weren't we. Funny how things are some times, at least you were not going 100 mph. :teeth
 
Sorry I missed you and the Banjoboy :ride...was late for doing some swimmin' in the cove at the bridge.:cool
Wish I could join these adventure rides, but parts seem to fall off my Honda everytime I go the backroads.:)
Good ta no, I'll be up thar stocking yer ass next weekend! :teeth

So I finally muster up enough energy to wash my bike and what do I find too? I guess 25lbs psi cold is too soft for the poor wheel.
Dang Dogg, this iz why I don't wash mah bike. (And run 40 psi; dirt or street! :p
 
Dropped off my BMW's bent wheel at GP Frame&Wheel this morning. After debating my options with my insurance agent, I decided to repair the wheel instead of filing a claim to replace it with a new wheel. If anybody cares, I'll post before and after pix of the repaired wheel.
 
Dropped off my BMW's bent wheel at GP Frame&Wheel this morning. After debating my options with my insurance agent, I decided to repair the wheel instead of filing a claim to replace it with a new wheel. If anybody cares, I'll post before and after pix of the repaired wheel.

Out of curiosity: Will it be as good as new? Ie No work hardening of the Al rim? And, how much does it cost?
 
Ahh ! a real trooper, when are you thinking of doing this Jimbo and have you tried the splits on top of rd 40 ? Im game.:thumbup

I was gonna go this weekend but just realized I got a wedding to go to :|
So I'm planning on taking the DRZ up for a good day to explore off of 40 and then spending the rest of the day puttin' around the side trails of Knoxville next weekend (21st/22nd)
 
Awesome ride definitely down for next time! Still can't believe my carbs came off hehe:laughing thanks everyone for the lil tips/help !
20102ff0.jpg
5ea7db1d.jpg
 
e613d16c.jpg
3b798bb8.jpg

At the end of the day, it was only four of us on that trail and that Kawasaki that was left there hopefully they got it out by now!
7221c5c6.jpg


802c927c.jpg

I for got to mention I fell a couple times, I didn't feel it until the next day, this picture was taken right when I got home that day, the bruised is huge now! But still awesome ride! Thanks drew for making the ride happen and nice to meet everyone! And also thanks Dean for Taking me out there and home!:teeth:thumbup
 
Last edited:

Man I'm still pissed about not being able to make it and meet all of you. Maybe next time I can take leave and throw on my Pirelli MT60R's, or just do the road portion. I'll be on the lookout for the next one!
 
Back
Top