• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Nice Sean, I like what you did. Looks like hand guards & Bars, engine guards and is that a sticker for suspension work ?:thumbup This fall wil be doing a Middle Creek/Cow Mountain ride aprrox 400 miles or more also a really cool more off road oriented ride threw Georgetown in the Sierra foothills will post soon.:teeth
 
This fall wil be doing a Middle Creek/Cow Mountain ride aprrox 400 miles or more also a really cool more off road oriented ride threw Georgetown in the Sierra foothills will post soon.:teeth


sounds cool sid. keep me posted
 
Yeah me too Sid.

anyone doing the Yosemite dualsport ride?
 
In....
Should be a good test of the KLX's 2 gal. gas tank.
 
I'm IN :thumbup:thumbup And will be EARLY this time...:teeth

In....
Should be a good test of the KLX's 2 gal. gas tank.
Looking forward to seeing your new bike Starman!...bring a siphon hose if you're in doubt and I'll be happy to share some gas from my bigass 6gal tank...:thumbup


Here's a quick road report for any of you who might want to check out the other roads that branch off of Rayhouse Road:
Great ride report 103Moto :thumbup...man you're sure getting out in the dirt even tho your still recuperating...pretty awesome!


BTW, in these areas it gets really hot in the daytime and you can easily become dehydrated, there's little shade (not on many maps, either) and hiking out would be sketchy (especially if you're weakened at all)....
+1 IN CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. On a previous ride a rider finished his water early, and when we were delayed due to bike mechanical issues in the hot sun, he also started to feel a bit weak and nauseous. Good news was we had extra water which we gave him, as well as making him rest in the shade, and there were three of us...we had to ride out 2up in the end, and he recovered fine - you shoulda seen him down the cold beverages in Clear Lake...we were all parched after the long hot delay...but he was drinking like a horse :teeth

I always pack EXTRA water AND electrolyte replacement, which I learned from doing long runs in the heat (Cytomax, gatorade, or tablets) - if you freeze it the night before it's nice and cold when u drink it :thumbup

...you should bring tons of water (enough for a day or two at least), food, easily layered lightweight clothes/shoes to walk out in if needed, spare parts and important tools, and medical gear. Go with others there are a couple of spots where screwing up is easy and can be disastrous...
+1 All EXCELLENT advice. Particularly bringing lots of water and some food, tools and riding with at least one buddy.

Per the outdoor survival medicine experts, Duct tape is an amazing all-around medical tool. Seriously. Can use it to fasten splints, as butterfly bandages for wounds, and to secure your ripped tshirt over a bleeding injury to stop the blood flow. I wrap a bunch of it around a business card or something flat about that size...much easier to pack! And oh yeah...ur bike may need it...:rofl

So check you bikes over, pack your gear as noted, and let's hope it's not too Hot on the 12th! I can't wait :thumbup


T
 
Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing your new bike Starman!...bring a siphon hose if you're in doubt and I'll be happy to share some gas from my bigass 6gal tank...:thumbup

I'll have a small (1 liter) gas bottle and a siphon hose with me. Thanks for the offer.:thumbup Looks like I'll be sticking close to you on this ride.:teeth
 
▼▼▼ Seriously important safety notes, which you should read and follow if you're considering going on these roads: ▼▼▼

BTW, in these areas you have to drive/ride/climb up high to get cell reception if SHTF and you need help, it gets really hot in the daytime and you can easily become dehydrated, there's little shade and effectively no accessible water, it's pretty much the middle of nowhere (not on many maps, either) and hiking out would be sketchy (especially if you're weakened at all), getting aid or a tow out to you would take a long time and be really expensive, and there are plenty of things that can go wrong and cause you to get stuck or injured. Unless you prepare, you could easily get hurt or stuck, become dehydrated and weak, then become unable to request help, and end up dead or seriously injured before getting found.

IMHO, if you go out to somewhat isolated places like this, or take these side roads, you should bring tons of water (enough for a day or two at least), food, easily layered lightweight clothes/shoes to walk out in if needed, spare parts and important tools, and medical gear. Go with others, ideally with multiple vehicles, let others know where you're going and what the route is, and tell them to call in aid if you don't check in by a certain time. Bring a fully charged cell phone, map, compass, GPS if you have one, flashlight, space blanket or two, and emergency communication gear such as a ham radio, satphone, or locator beacon / SPOT. Have a checklist of safety gear and risk reduction actions to take, and stick to it so you don't miss anything vital.

[/QUOTE]

I just wanna Ride:ride
 
Last edited:
I should be able to make this ride. Might have another rider with also.
 
I plan to be there. I am getting a little more brave in playing with the Tiger. Got to jump a curb and ride in the dirt a little. I am ready. Lets get her done.
 
Last edited:
Good news.... I rode down Knoxville-Berryessa Rd yesterday. The pot hole patrol has been out there filling the worst of them. :thumbup Maybe by Sunday they'll have all of them filled in.:party
 
Good news.... I rode down Knoxville-Berryessa Rd yesterday. The pot hole patrol has been out there filling the worst of them. :thumbup Maybe by Sunday they'll have all of them filled in.:party

How is that good news? Can't that KLX handle a bump or two? :laughing:teeth
 
Tim, I lost your number and your profile doesn't allow for PMs. Please message me. I found the plate and forgot to give you the key
 
I soooo totally want to make this ride again, but it's not looking real good for me this time. Just so much going on that day that I just can't.

Y'all have fun...
 
Back
Top