• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Most likely in...but will rain tomorrow cancel?

I wouldn't think so. The forecast for up there looks to be mostly sunny with a high in the mid-50's. No rain up there predicted till Monday night so it shouldn't be an issue anyway :thumbup
 
I wouldn't think so. The forecast for up there looks to be mostly sunny with a high in the mid-50's. No rain up there predicted till Monday night so it shouldn't be an issue anyway :thumbup

Word.

See y'all tomorrow.
 
I'm out as well. You boys have fun up there -- dress.warmly :thumbup.


T
 
Yet again Seavoyage manages to put together another great ride even if he didn't get to do alot of riding himself :twofinger
Dressing for the ride was a bit tricky. First I layer up but decide that was too hot, so I pull that off and its great till I get cruising at 55 and then its too cold. Then when I'm offroad its too hot and I start sweatin' then when I get back on the road and freeeeze. Luckily none of this mattered because I was too busy :ride to care a whole lot.
Overall a great day slippin and sliding on deathwings and its good to know that the DRZ can pull 200+ miles to a tank!
 
Drew, sorry you didn't get to ride much. What a drag. Next time, sir. Next time.

Good times today, for sure! Jimbo, it was fun riding with you. Sorry I stopped to chat with my buddy, but I hadn't seen him in a couple of months. Hope the rest of your ride home was a good one. The Dirtbag Challenge was INSANE, as usual. Wow....
 
Good times today..

I had my Hero3 taking video and pictures at the same time (new Hero3 feature)... Here are some of the pics:

GOPR0253-X2.jpg


GOPR0437-X2.jpg


GOPR0517-X2.jpg


GOPR0542-X2.jpg


GOPR0583-X2.jpg


GOPR0898-X2.jpg


GOPR0902-X2.jpg



GOPR1010-X2.jpg


GOPR1038-X2.jpg


GOPR1197-X2.jpg
 
Some cool shots! Thanks for posting them. Great ride today, gang. A bit brisk, but it sure beats sweating like crazy the entire time.
 
Good times today..

I had my Hero3 taking video and pictures at the same time (new Hero3 feature)... Here are some of the pics:

GOPR0437-X2.jpg

Look at that douchebag riding street tires in the dirt. Who's idea was that. I bet he crashed! :twofinger

Thanks Dean for the invite. Next time, I'll bring knobbies.
 
Good ride today! Nice meeting new riders and seeing familiar faces! I'll post pics and videos later. I wanna see that video of what happens when you ride street tires on dirt. :twofinger
 
Good times today, for sure! Jimbo, it was fun riding with you. Sorry I stopped to chat with my buddy, but I hadn't seen him in a couple of months. Hope the rest of your ride home was a good one. The Dirtbag Challenge was INSANE, as usual. Wow....

I had a great time too, if it wasn't for a couple looming due dates :rolleyes I would have been happy to stop. Any pictures of the ingenuity of the dirtbags? The ones already up look sweet!
 
Street tires in the dirt?! And, here I thought I was the only one who rode on BAD tires on purpose! That's the best way I know of to practice 'drifting'! Yuk-yuk!
 
Thanks y'all for showing... got to see many old friends. 2 uberbeasts in a sea of plated dirt and DS bikes (KTM, Husky, Jap Big-4, Triumph, BMW, GasGas... represented). 2 identical virgin WR250F with riders in matching garb getting their dirt cherries popped. And Moto_Tone's 2300cc Triumph Rocket3 for security.

Kudos to pKx video skills for capturing Corb exploring SUMO front tire traction on the dirt...
[YOUTUBE]MvXRFYcXev4[/YOUTUBE]​
Start at 5:53 . Glad Corb only suffered a charlie horse.

Sorry, even in 5th and 6th gear I just couldn't get keep up the pace or the fuel range (0.9 gal. tank) on the Trials bike. :rolleyes

A GREAT BIG HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY to ALL the SERVICEPEOPLE!
I plan on honoring my fellow Veterans by riding trials at Metcalf today!
 
Last edited:
Here is the shorter version of the video with slo-mo action.


[YOUTUBE]g8-bvN5jqq4[/YOUTUBE]
 
I had a good time today, despite going at my usual mellow (probably overly-cautious) pace,

Meh, from what I saw, you could have easily passed that slow dude on the F8 if you had wanted to. :)

On a side note - if you're up for it, I'm looking for people to go on the 2013 Sheetiron with me, and if you're willing to ride at that mellow pace (since that's really all I'm capable of at this point) but still not let any challenge stop you, then I'd be excited to ride with you...

To all - I had a great time. Fun stuff yesterday.

-Kyle
 
Meh, from what I saw, you could have easily passed that slow dude on the F8 if you had wanted to. :)

On a side note - if you're up for it, I'm looking for people to go on the 2013 Sheetiron with me, and if you're willing to ride at that mellow pace (since that's really all I'm capable of at this point) but still not let any challenge stop you, then I'd be excited to ride with you...

To all - I had a great time. Fun stuff yesterday.

-Kyle

Kyle - If you are fine on Rayhouse road - you'll be fine on all the Easy splits on the Sheetiron... IF you don't drown the bike on the water crossings. I highly recommend you ride the Stonyford to UpperLake route with us in December to familiarize yourself with the area.

Half of those guys on plated dirt bikes/SUMOs this Sunday ride ran the Sheetiron last year. I am so in for 2013! If I survive the LA-Barstow-Las Vegas ride in 2-weeks.

103_Moto's 'MadMax KiLR' is so apocalyptic! :thumbup on style
 
Last edited:
Kyle - half of those guys on plated dirt bikes/SUMOs this Sunday ride ran the Sheetiron last year. I am so in for 2013! If I survive the LA-Barstow-Las Vegas ride in 2-weeks.

I ran the Sheetiron last year too - Kyle is just looking someone slower that takes all the easy splits to hang out with :).
 
Kyle - If you are fine on Rayhouse road - you'll be fine on all the Easy splits on the Sheetiron... IF you don't drown the bike on the water crossings.

Half of those guys on plated dirt bikes/SUMOs this Sunday ride ran the Sheetiron last year. I am so in for 2013! If I survive the LA-Barstow-Las Vegas ride in 2-weeks.

103_Moto's 'MadMax KLR' is so apocalyptic! :thumbup on style

@ Drew - PM me if you need any help wrenching on your bike in PREP for the LABLV ride...I am available to help, and am seriously looking at doing the ride next year...take lots of notes :thumbup

@ Kyle - I'm a slowpoke on my vstrom in the dirt (just ask Drew, Aaron, Greg...heck anybody :rofl) and interested in doing the easy splits on the sheetiron...let's talk & ride...:thumbup...if 103_moto rides it as well, between his gear and my kit I think we could BUILD a dirtbag challenge bike on the side of the trail...:twofinger

Great pics/video on the ride...glad Corb was okay after the spill...he was ripping on that drz of his before the crash :thumbup...

FYI to Corb and Jimbo - I've been real happy with my Shinko 705s as a truly decent dirt and street tire...rides really well on the street/twisties incld wet and is aokay in the dirt...certainly not a knobby but aggressive tread pattern and MUCH better than those crap deathwings/bridgestone OEM tires in the dirt :wtf :thumbdown

And :thumbup:thumbup INDEED on Moto_103's black 250 look...that's what I want my future small DS to look like :teeth


T
 
Back
Top