• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

In reality, I bet you'll smoke me even though I have a cheater bike with knobbies. I still suck at dirt. :laughing

I've seen you ride and I know you're solid! I'm not planning on smoking anyone on this ride, I'm just going to feel out the road and hopefully not break any bones and if I do, hopefully I got it all on gopro and it's nothing too important. :laughing

No, seriously, I just plan on a mellow ride.
 
I've seen you ride and I know you're solid! I'm not planning on smoking anyone on this ride, I'm just going to feel out the road and hopefully not break any bones and if I do, hopefully I got it all on gopro and it's nothing too important. :laughing

No, seriously, I just plan on a mellow ride.

You've seen me ride on street. :teeth

In all seriousness, this is a mellow, very noob-friendly ride. Just a good time, getting out and about in some mellow dirt. :thumbup
 
Well, I kinda suck, maybe I can bribe someone to help pick up the beast if it needs to take a nap.
 
Well, I kinda suck, maybe I can bribe someone to help pick up the beast if it needs to take a nap.

:wave
Huckleberry: I'm yours. :teeth
doc2.jpg
 
we will stop at the Eticuera Crk parking lot and then at the front of Knoxville...
T

If you see a red Ford Ranger there but no WR250 with a clueless-looking jackass atop it, I'm the bunny and you're the greyhounds.
 
If you see a red Ford Ranger there but no WR250 with a clueless-looking jackass atop it, I'm the bunny and you're the greyhounds.

This could get confusing then, since I am also rolling a red Ford Ranger. :thumbup

Mine is the one that looks like it should be in a junkyard :laughing
 
The first and last time I did this ride it was pretty epic. I didn't truck in and clocked in something in the 200-250 mile range. I'm going to try and make this one. Is the Rieff Road gate open?
 
After the last ride I found myself craving more dirt. I was half tempted to back track and do the whole ride in reverse but didn't want to do it all by my lonesome. It would be cool to do some riding at the OHV park if it is worth the time.
 
After the last ride I found myself craving more dirt. I was half tempted to back track and do the whole ride in reverse but didn't want to do it all by my lonesome. It would be cool to do some riding at the OHV park if it is worth the time.

Metcalf is about 5 minutes away from you (if you're in Morgan Hill). If I were you I'd be there everyday. Hollister is close as well.
 
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it out unless I can get a replacement clutch before then. My clutch started slipping today, which seems a little premature for a 2013 with less than 8000 miles, even considering the fact that I ride it like I stole it. I believe it was caused by my ROX risers due to the fact that they put excess tension on my cable and caused it to fray, keeping the cable from fully retracting and ultimately preventing the clutch from fully engaging. I have to get my bike to the dealer and see if they are going to cover it under warranty or if I have to pay for it out of pocket :x

I will keep you all posted.
 
Last edited:
Bummer, Landon. I hope the dealer gets you sorted out (preferably free of charge).
 
Beware of the phrase 'customer abuse' dealers just LOVE that phrase. DON'T TELL THE DEALER THAT YOU RODE IT WITH A FRAYED CABLE CAUSING IT NOT TO ENGAGE FULLY.
 
I'm going to play dumb. Before I take it in I will replace the cable and take the risers off.

Has the bike been in dealer service? They should have been checking and adjusting the clutch as part of the servicing. :dunno

IMO you really should notice if the clutch is out of adjustment and I don't see any dealer covering it unless it's a result of something else (ie: oiling problem, wacky slave on a hydraulic system) just me from a dealer service perspective :dunno

Good luck.
 
Has the bike been in dealer service? They should have been checking and adjusting the clutch as part of the servicing. :dunno

IMO you really should notice if the clutch is out of adjustment and I don't see any dealer covering it unless it's a result of something else (ie: oiling problem, wacky slave on a hydraulic system) just me from a dealer service perspective :dunno

Good luck.

Has the bike been in dealer service? They should have been checking and adjusting the clutch as part of the servicing. :dunno

IMO you really should notice if the clutch is out of adjustment and I don't see any dealer covering it unless it's a result of something else (ie: oiling problem, wacky slave on a hydraulic system) just me from a dealer service perspective :dunno

Good luck.

Yeah about that... It was supposed to be serviced about 2000 miles ago. I did change the oil on it, but since I moved to California I have wanted to just ride ride ride. It's a little tougher to get the bike in dealerships here. I could practically walk into my dealer back in Washington any day of the week and they would work on my bike. The bottom line is, I should have been checking all of these things especially since I knew there was a problem with the clutch cable.
 
Back
Top