• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I'll probably be in a silver 4dr tacoma and on a ktm200
Should be there around 9 or 10.
 
Cal Fire puts the Cantwell Fire on the east side of Morgan Valley Road just south of the town of Lower Lake.

This will likely not have any road closures on Knoxville/Berryessa or Reiff/Rayhouse.

40% contained as of early Saturday with favorable weather conditions for getting a handle on it.

The fire will likely have no impact on a ride.

If I understand it correctly, everyone it going to Carnegie? Is that correct? I'll have to see if I can borrow a trailer.
 
Not sure about Crazy Brother but I think Palada is heading to Carnegie too
 
I'm in for tomorrow. Got another dr650 that needs to get dirty. Knoxville still sounds good to me. Maybe I can make the trip without skidding in front of CHP. If everyone is going to Carnegie I might trailer bike there. Ladder106 it's a small trailer but I think two bikes will fit if you want to head that way. I'm in Dixon so not to far away.
 
Drat.....

Thanks for the trailer offer. Had know that earlier this am, I would not have changed plans for Sunday.

I may be able to sqeak in a quickie up Knoxville and then maybe go through to Arbuckle on Sand Creek, then the frontage road (Old 99) back south to Davisville.

If anyone actually IS going to Knoxville, let me know and I'll work things around so I can be there.
 
Knoxville would work better for me. Ladder106 your route sounds good. I can meet you at the chevron in winters where I ran into you last time. You will just have to wait for me to catch up every once in awhile. Sorry for late notice. Weekend plans feel through, now I get to ride.
 
OK...I'm in.

Cabin Cruiser, what time at the Winters Chevron....about 9:00?

George, just so's you know CC and I are planning what will be for you a "One-way" dirt loop.

For us valley guys it's easier to do Knoxvill, Rayhouse and then Sand Creek and end up back in the valley in Arbuckle.

You may be the only one doing the more "normal" out a back route. You OK with that?
 
Might decide which in the morning...

As long as there's folks going to both places, I may just decide when I wake up :teeth I'm leaning toward Knoxville since I missed the last two rides there, and we'll be switching to Carnegie in the coming months anyway.

I'll either be at Starbucks near Fairfield by ~8:45, or at Carnegie around 9:00.
 
No problem...you will not get left in the dust wondering which turn to take.

It's not a race
 
9:00 sounds good. Look toward to the ride. Just hope I can get tires swapped tonight. Not liking the stock trailwings. Just got home from angels camp. Beautiful area. Need to take bike up there and really explore.
 
Don't kill yourself tonight.

The Trailwings really do OK on Rayhouse as long as it's dry. While not the best, you'll do fine.

Much better than rushing the job and waking up to a flat.

Once things get damp, the Trailwings are rubbish.
 
I'll be at CP1 by 9:45
As for riding back home alone...
Sure no problem. I know my way around there!
 
Last edited:
Have fun everyone and hope to see you on the next ride :thumbup
 
Back
Top