• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I am in for this. I wont be able to make this month but from now on I should be ok. Will a crf250L be ok?
 
I imagine the road part from where you live to Fairfield would be a bit of a drone but I have never ridden that bike so don't want to speculate. The actual ride should be very easy for your bike.
 
I will take back roads to meet up with everyone then just cruz out. 8 think I will be OK.
 
Hey all :thumbup

Trying to get a headcount/interest on the ride for this Sunday...I'm planing on being there but still have a front tire on the Husky to swap out....god it's been toooo long since I've done this ride :mad :twofinger

I'm assuming 9am at Cordelia Sbucks?? And 10:15ish at Eticuera Creek parking lot? (I may trailer up; not sure if I would stage at sbucks or Eticuera...do love the twisties out to Berryessa :teeth).

Post up if you're going! FYI supposed to be a high of 90...don't forget plenty of water :thumbup

There will be a few of us that are going to trailer up to Eticuera creek and stage from there. We will do the rest of the ride but going to add road 41 to williams and back.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//38...-122.270613,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

Hey CrazyB - may join you guys on this extra loop; what's the mileage to Willams/back via Rd 41, and then do you further double-back over Reid/Rayhouse then down to Eticuera Creek? Whats your eta for returning to Eticuera?


T
 
I will be there on my xc coming from Windsor ill meet you guys at the creek lot at around 10
 
Hey Titus I'll be there, but this time I'll be on my freshly rebuilt XR650L not the 650 VStrom.

How many miles roughly until the next gas station? I have a small tank and could probably get, at the most, 100 miles on a full tank of gas.
 
Hey Titus I'll be there, but this time I'll be on my freshly rebuilt XR650L not the 650 VStrom.

How many miles roughly until the next gas station? I have a small tank and could probably get, at the most, 100 miles on a full tank of gas.
You should make it to Cache Creek with no problem. (Gas stop). Make sure that you fill up in Cordelia.
 
Hey all :thumbup

Trying to get a headcount/interest on the ride for this Sunday...I'm planing on being there but still have a front tire on the Husky to swap out....god it's been toooo long since I've done this ride :mad :twofinger

I'm assuming 9am at Cordelia Sbucks?? And 10:15ish at Eticuera Creek parking lot? (I may trailer up; not sure if I would stage at sbucks or Eticuera...do love the twisties out to Berryessa :teeth).

Post up if you're going! FYI supposed to be a high of 90...don't forget plenty of water :thumbup



Hey CrazyB - may join you guys on this extra loop; what's the mileage to Willams/back via Rd 41, and then do you further double-back over Reid/Rayhouse then down to Eticuera Creek? Whats your eta for returning to Eticuera?


T
I think it's only 20-30 more miles, that's why we are trucking up to Eticuera creek. We all have IMS 3.2 tanks which will get us there, have some lunch get gas and loop back the same route. Unless we decide to mix in some other excursions on the way back. Should be there around 10:00.
 
Last edited:
A few of us are meeting at The Bennett Valley Fire Station is at 6161 Bennett Valley Road (the intersection of Bennett Valley and Sonoma Mountain Roads) at 9am. Be there if you want to take off with us. If not we will see you on the road!
 
Looks like I'm missing a fun Sunday ride again. I swapped to dirt tires and changed sprocket for the ride. When I closed the garage door the spring busted. Garage stuck closed. Can't get bike out. Will try next month. Can't wait to read the ride reports.
 
Im making a last minute decision to come join. Ill leave Davis at 9 so should be able to pick you guys up at at little bar and grill at the barryessa knoxville rd turnoff. If not il try to catch up in the trail.
 
Thanks for Riding with us today guys. It was great meeting everyone.
 
Hope everyone made it home safe. Had a great day total 188miles door to door. Decided to put a little adventure in our adventure ride today...














Thanks to all who showed up and to Brian, Troy and Josh for being brave enough to follow me...

Up a little easy single track...
 
That's right by the lower parking area and the 1st trail me you and Doug rode isn't it?

Yes, Brian was going to try it on a KTM 990 but couldn't even get it moving...Josh dragged his 250L up the hill and then Troy just killed it...:ride
 
That was a real tough hill. I haven't been on a dirtbike for about 8 years so I am happy with my performance. I mean I only fell over 3 times on the hill. hahaha. Thanks for the help picking up my pig Troy.
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Great ride! I haven't been that challenged (on my bike at least) in quite a while. A huge thanks to George Troy and Tim for helping me drag the 990 around 180 degrees on the trail. Backing that beast down the 2/3 of single track we'd already covered was not the most fun thing I could imagine for the day :)
 
I am so jealous! I had some issues with my front tube And I found out about it in the morning. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare on hand so Sunday was a wash for me. I'm going next month for sure and I want some of that hill climb action. Glad everyone had fun, post more pics. Which road is the hill climb on?
 
Back
Top