• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

went down to south coast road this weekend

camped close to prewitt ridge.

cVCty5S.jpg

HvmjqZN.jpg

0dRen3h.jpg

Some firewood :D
iWIlagE.jpg

261GEs1.jpg

ssWFVg1.jpg

Mwp1Fwf.jpg

3RwFc5E.jpg
 
Last edited:
Were you guys riding down a creek bed? I've been to Knoxville twice so I only know the main road but that one looks fun.

I'm going to try and make it with the XRL if the weather holds up and the bike is prepped.

That was the single track that leads down to the swimming hole. It starts at the big parking lot/campground just before you cross the small bridge across Hunting Creek. Quite a challenge on the big bikes, especially the creek crossing where the trail is washed out.
 
Looks like you guys had fun. Did ya drag the bikes under the tree?

I was looking for a way around the tree, but the trail ended just past it, so we didn't bother. Too bad no one maintains that trail.
 
Yeah, but ask him how the bike handles at high speed (100+). I'll keep my Giant Loop bag.

that was most likely my top bag sitting too far :wtf. Ill try a different configuration next time and make it sit on the passenger seat instead of rear rack :cool
 
Well this sunday is the second sunday is anyone headig up to knoxville this sunday?
 
I'm considering it.
 
There is a remote chance that I'll have my 690 back together in time. If it happens, I will try to join up.
 
I am likely in. Mounting up some TKC 80s today and need to put my suspension to the test before the boys at SuperPlush get to work on it.
 
Super Plush has my boingy bits right now. Should get them back later this week. :banana
My bank account is not going to be happy about it, but the rest of me is stoked. :teeth
 
Super Plush has my boingy bits right now. Should get them back later this week. :banana
My bank account is not going to be happy about it, but the rest of me is stoked. :teeth

They're killer! They've worked on all my bikes and I work about 1.5 blocks away, so I stop by often to bug them.

For my F8 I'm trying to avoid spending 3k on suspension like I did my street triple. Hoping to get decent results with a fork revalve and new springs all around.

Have you read the book James co-wrote on dual sport suspension? It's applicable to all bikes and has some great info. I just bought a copy last week.

Let me know if you're interested in the book, it's a PDF and I can easily email it to you.
 
I haven't read his book, but would be interested in doing so. I'll ask him to throw in a free copy when I see him. I figure I'm paying enough money that he will likely agree to my request. :p
 
You definitely have me beat on spending money there. My bill should be around $800. Re-spring/re-valve of forks. Re-spring of shock. Lowering of both ends slightly. As for the book, I definitely don't want an unauthorized copy. I'll either buy it or convince them to throw it in as a gift. I am not a fan of piracy.
 
You definitely have me beat on spending money there. My bill should be around $800. Re-spring/re-valve of forks. Re-spring of shock. Lowering of both ends slightly. As for the book, I definitely don't want an unauthorized copy. I'll either buy it or convince them to throw it in as a gift. I am not a fan of piracy.

I just wish I'd have thought to ask for a free copy!
 
1190 Adventure. I haven't met you, but I already know I hate you. :twofinger

:laughing
 
Back
Top