• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Well, I am out for this weekend. Just spoke to the folks at Super Plush. I was expecting to get my boingy bits back tomorrow and was hoping to have the bike put back together by Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, even though they sell the Tractive shock, they have never actually serviced one. I just called today to make sure it was going to be ready for pickup tomorrow and was informed that the shock requires special tools which are apparently REALLY hard to get.

The owner, James, is not in today so I wasn't able to discuss my options. I am disappointed, but am crossing my fingers that James will make things right.
 
I would like to join you guys on the next one. I just aquired an '07 XR650L, but it needs new tires so I'll wait until then. But...

I'm pretty new to off-road, so would this ride be innappropriate for a guy like me (long time street/track guy, dirt newb)?
 
FourT2Infinity: this is a PERFECT ride for someone who has a dualsport (an XR650L is an excellent dualsport, btw) and has minimal offroad experience. It is an easy ride with no major challenges. I would suggest that you go out this weekend, even if your tires aren't optimal. Lots of folks have done the ride on heavy "adventure" bikes with street tires.
 
Hey guys I just stumbled across this thread/forum while I was looking for somewhere to ride this weekend. Looking for some fun dirt exploration. I would love to join if anyone is riding berryessa.

Dale
 
I'd like to do this sometime last time I was in that area I somehow managed to avoid all the dirt which was totally not what I was going for.
 
So ill be heading over from santa rosa i can meet at the putah creek brigde or any where else if convenient ive ridded through the area but not on the dirt there looking forward to some fun let me know what works
 
Think I'm going to try to make this one! Looking forward to meeting more barfers.
 
I'm heading out from Oakland if you want to ride together.

I'm in Crockett so I'm already most of the way there. PM if you want to meet up at the Crockett offramp otherwise I'll just see folks at the *$. I'll be riding the xrr with off road tires so I probably wont be the fastest on the pavement. Looking forward to this ride.
 
so has anyone traveled the dirt roads in the knoxville area? and lets figure out a time so i can meet up with the group at the putah creek bridge as im comming from santa rosa looking forward to a great day!
 
I can't make it this month.

I keep putting this off but I am going to go next month for sure. Have fun and ride safe, take some pics if you can.
 
I can't make it this month.

I keep putting this off but I am going to go next month for sure. Have fun and ride safe, take some pics if you can.

Bummer!
 
Daniel are you still rocking your tires from Baja? I have about 400 miles left on mine from Baja.
 
Daniel are you still rocking your tires from Baja? I have about 400 miles left on mine from Baja.

Yup, my rear still has some miles left and the front it still totally fine. I'm still rocking gas from baja too. I've only ridden the bike once since our return.
 
I had gas from Baja for a few days after we got back, too. Good thing the antibiotics worked.
 
Back
Top