• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I escorted him back half way home and then split off through Sonoma/Napa - Big mistake! Traffic was suck-ass...

I had a upset stomach so I bailed with him and went home.. I felt better after I had some chewable Pepto bismol..

What happened to Koi Father? We saw him come back and go back through Knoxville...

Thanks again Michael..:thumbup
 
Ouch, man. Fingers crossed that you don't have any serious injuries. Damn, I wish I had my crash in the rocks on video. :laughing

I dont all good just gonna be sore for a few days. I'm going to get checked out tomorrow just to be sure.
 
I escorted him back half way home and then split off through Sonoma/Napa - Big mistake! Traffic was suck-ass...

I had a upset stomach so I bailed with him and went home.. I felt better after I had some chewable Pepto bismol..

What happened to Koi Father? We saw him come back and go back through Knoxville...

We came up to a gate that was a little sketchy to get around. Him and the gentleman on the tiger decided to call it a day at that point.
 
Alright, here's the video, with a little bit of fun stuff before hand.

It's still processing, but it will be available in 1080 once YouTube processes the HD.

[youtube]9LQk3QU25tA[/youtube]
 
Note that the audio is seemingly off. I've noticed this on a lot of my GoPro clips and haven't looked into how to fix, short of splitting the audio from the video and reediting.
 
Man I cant tell what happened. The bike just went down. Thanks for posting the vid.
 
Man I cant tell what happened. The bike just went down. Thanks for posting the vid.

Ya, I even watched the raw clip and went frame by frame, no clue what happened. Looks like you maybe caught a rut when your suspension was compressed and just went over with it.

That or it looks like you just kind of took a nap.
 
Damn dude that look like it hurt. Looks like the front washed out, for what reason i dont know. Glad your ok. Hows the bike?
 
Bike was totally fine. Bar guards did their job, started right back up and was fine all the way home. I think my bike did just decide to take a nap. :laughing
 
I'm uploading a higher res and slowmo version to box and youtube. Box won't be compressed, so you can really go frame by frame and look at it.
 
Looks like at :53 my bars cross up to the left and my rear wheel looks like its in some loose silt. Should have wheelied for safety. Thanks again.
 
i think i saw you guys this morning in the bux parking lot. left a few minutes after you, got stuck behind a guy on an FJR who couldn't stay on the right side of the double yellows through monticello and nearly went head on into a car going opposite direction while halfway in the opposing lane.
 
i think i saw you guys this morning in the bux parking lot. left a few minutes after you, got stuck behind a guy on an FJR who couldn't stay on the right side of the double yellows through monticello and nearly went head on into a car going opposite direction while halfway in the opposing lane.

You were on the speed triple in the Dainese suit?
 
That was an odd one, for sure. Just glad you're OK, Daniel.

Bummer that some folks turned around at the gate. It's easy for even the big bikes to go around on the downhill side, though it is much more fun on the uphill side :)
 
That was an odd one, for sure. Just glad you're OK, Daniel.

Bummer that some folks turned around at the gate. It's easy for even the big bikes to go around on the downhill side, though it is much more fun on the uphill side :)

Second half was MUCH more fun.

But I like that the ride is set up with the easy part first. Good confidence booster, at least for me.

I'd like to ride this more often and explore some of the splits on the second half. If anyone is down to ride more than just the second Sunday, let me know.
 
Once I get the 690 back together, I wouldn't mind a shakedown run up in that area. I'll keep you posted.
 
Back
Top