• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

By the way, it's been a few years since I went on this ride and it was great to see it still happening..

Great to meet the some other Barfers. Great mix of some really nice bikes today too.
 
By the way, it's been a few years since I went on this ride and it was great to see it still happening..

Great to meet the some other Barfers. Great mix of some really nice bikes today too.

After Baja, I bet this ride seemed a lot easier to you today, Michael. :laughing
 
After Baja, I bet this ride seemed a lot easier to you today, Michael. :laughing

No shit.. The Knoxville section went by so fast I thought we must have took a short cut or something, but really I was probably comparing it to some long stretches we did in Baja..
 
I hope to ride with you guys again. Its been over a year since I did this ride and it was on my VStrom. I wasnt very comfortable on the Strom but the XR will eat that shit up. I wont to explore a lot of the area and have lunch somewhere at the end of the trail. Looking forward to next month.
 
Thanks everyone for a great ride. Here is where we went after main part. http://adventures.garmin.com/by/velovint/knoxville-3-8/
Back to road 40 and then left (south) on intersection in the middle of it. There is lots of splits, we kept main road, but didnt' get to an end.
Plan for next time - trailer to 16/40 intersection and go discover that part. It was definitely lots of fun today.
 
Daniel,

I'm glad you are alright! In the original video I think I hear your bike coming up on the pipe then the rear sliding out. The sound is a little early but RCB says his video and audio are out of sync. That and weighting the inside peg on marbles will create that outcome. Just a guess. I have not looked at this thread in months. I wished I would have gone with you, Michael and the rest.
 
Yeah not sure what the heck happened! Got my elbow x-rayed today and all good. Just swollen bruised and sore and my ribs still hurt but I'll be ready for further punishment soon enough.

Looking forward to doing this ride again but actually making it through the whole thing.
 
Yeah not sure what the heck happened! Got my elbow x-rayed today and all good. Just swollen bruised and sore and my ribs still hurt but I'll be ready for further punishment soon enough.

Looking forward to doing this ride again but actually making it through the whole thing.

Glad you're alright, Daniel!

The more I watch the video, the more rough the spill looks. When it happened in front of me, it didn't look so bad. But you whack your head pretty damn good there.

Looking forward to riding with you again!
 
Second half was MUCH more fun.

But I like that the ride is set up with the easy part first. Good confidence booster, at least for me.

I'd like to ride this more often and explore some of the splits on the second half. If anyone is down to ride more than just the second Sunday, let me know.

Me. I just got my XR650L. Just want to do the route and get my dirt skills in order, but don't want to test it out like Daniel.

I'll try to get new set of tires before I join you all.
 
Me. I just got my XR650L.... don't want to test it out like Daniel.

:laughing

What do you mean?! That's how it's done! The classic part is I was riding way faster before and I only slowed down because according to my odometer I was approaching the end of the trail. Should have just maintained my earlier pace and I would have been fine! Cant wait to hit that trail again and explore more up there. Probably not gonna ride for the next week or so till my elbow and ribs stop hurting. I definitely don't bounce as well as I used to. :)

I wish someone had been recording behind me earlier. There was a cement bridge we crossed and it was fun launching off the end of it back onto the dirt.

Anyway that trail is pretty easy in general so don't let my spill keep you from heading out. Hope to see you out there!
 
:laughing

What do you mean?! That's how it's done! The classic part is I was riding way faster before and I only slowed down because according to my odometer I was approaching the end of the trail. Should have just maintained my earlier pace and I would have been fine! Cant wait to hit that trail again and explore more up there. Probably not gonna ride for the next week or so till my elbow and ribs stop hurting. I definitely don't bounce as well as I used to. :)

I wish someone had been recording behind me earlier. There was a cement bridge we crossed and it was fun launching off the end of it back onto the dirt.

Anyway that trail is pretty easy in general so don't let my spill keep you from heading out. Hope to see you out there!


I was trying to catch up to you, but was trying to not piss off too many folks on our group ride. Next time, knowing the trail more, I'll be sure to take off in the front of the pack like you did. Instead of 6+ folks back.

My impatience does not play well with being behind folks.

I won't be out there this weekend either. My fucking thighs are SORE. I'm also waiting on some risers so I can more comfortably stand on the pegs and ride.
 
:laughing

What do you mean?! That's how it's done! The classic part is I was riding way faster before and I only slowed down because according to my odometer I was approaching the end of the trail. Should have just maintained my earlier pace and I would have been fine! Cant wait to hit that trail again and explore more up there. Probably not gonna ride for the next week or so till my elbow and ribs stop hurting. I definitely don't bounce as well as I used to. :)

I wish someone had been recording behind me earlier. There was a cement bridge we crossed and it was fun launching off the end of it back onto the dirt.

Anyway that trail is pretty easy in general so don't let my spill keep you from heading out. Hope to see you out there!

Daniel... Man, I'm really sorry that happened to you. Certainly wasnt trying to trivialize your getoff! Hope you didn't take it that way. :) Would love to join you guys soon... Heal up quick.
 
Not at all! Just having fun with it. See you out there!
 
I was trying to catch up to you, but was trying to not piss off too many folks on our group ride. Next time, knowing the trail more, I'll be sure to take off in the front of the pack like you did. Instead of 6+ folks back.

My impatience does not play well with being behind folks.

I won't be out there this weekend either. My fucking thighs are SORE. I'm also waiting on some risers so I can more comfortably stand on the pegs and ride.


Ive got rox risers on my cr250 and love them. I could use them on the xrr too but it's pretty close to perfect as it is. Bill said something just before that dirt stretch about people riding whatever pace they were comfortable with so I doubt anyone was upset about being passed. I was the fourth bike back at the start of the dirt, I just didn't wait long to pass folks. I also didn't know the route so I kept stopping to see if people were still following the same route and that I was going the right way. Anyway count me in for more exploring out there.
 
Great ride!

20150308_095232.jpg


20150308_122503.jpg


20150308_120414.jpg


20150308_122531.jpg


20150308_122652.jpg


20150308_123312.jpg


20150308_130930.jpg


20150308_131445.jpg


20150308_131509.jpg


2015-03-08%2B18.40.15.jpg
 
Nice pics! Fun riding with you! Looking forward to doing it again!
 
Back
Top