Tonester
New member
Where's the gate?
Where's the gate?
Where's the gate?
Ah, I see. I was thinking you guys were still in Knoxville. Did you make it all the way over to Cache Creek?
Bummer that some folks turned around at the gate. It's easy for even the big bikes to go around on the downhill side, though it is much more fun on the uphill side![]()




The gate we were talking about is on a slight decline coming from Morgan Valley Road. The hard/dangerous part is the uphill portion going around the gate. It seems coming from Cache Creek, getting around the gate would be easier.
You can see it in my video about last sunday's ride.




I wouldn't try it by myself. But with at least one person, I would.

Well, so there you go ... if I wouldn't do it by myself, it isn't easy ... Meaning I'd have trouble/couldn't get the bike back on the trail myself
if
things
went
wrong ...
arty
see you around the campfire,
-- SFMCjohn
I haven't been up there in about two years, but judging by the pictures it's developed into a pretty big path around it. Still not sure I'd do it by myself, but it seems to be working for everyone with spotters.
A few years ago the path was much smaller and less defined.


PS: OK saw 1962siia88 crash, ouch ... no gate ...
