• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Oh I see how it is, you cool Baja kids don't want to hang out with the :loser anymore :x

I was hoping to do both. We are getting together to play in the sand and I don't want to miss the opportunity. I don't get much sand practice around here.

What exactly do you mean by a groomed dirt highway?
The last time I was there it had some rather rocky sections.

Looks pretty well groomed to me. :dunno
 
What exactly do you mean by a groomed dirt highway?
The last time I was there it had some rather rocky sections.

72HoM3M.jpg


IMAG5085%252520%252528Custom%252529.jpg

After the fire.
 
I think I'm in with the Tiger and one other on a Veeeeeeeee (James) Lets hope for some mud!
 
I think I'm in with the Tiger and one other on a Veeeeeeeee (James) Lets hope for some mud!

Not too much mud. The mud almost sent me off a cliff on my 250 with knobbies last time. The 650 with 80/20 tires has no chance to turn in the mud!
 
Not too much mud. The mud almost sent me off a cliff on my 250 with knobbies last time. The 650 with 80/20 tires has no chance to turn in the mud!

We will be fine! The Tiger also has what I call 80/20 tires but yea that was some slick stuff last year!

:burnout
 
I waited at Posers until 9:00 but nobody showed, so I just did a Berryessa loop and went back home. Started raining pretty good for awhile...
Did anyone go?
 
Nah, the rain scared me off so I went back to bed.
 
Reif/Rayhouse road had been groomed and is like a dirt/highway

With the lack of soil supporting vegetation and the recent rains, I'll bet that the road has become much more "interesting".

My wife just has shoulder surgery so I'll be playing nurse for the next week or two.

If I get up there before anyone else, I'll post updated photos.
 
I rode Reiff on Sunday and it's pretty much in "just a dirt road" shape. Could drive gramma's buick over it. I was traveling in the Hwy 16 > Berryessa direction and the gate at the Berryessa side was open although there was a "Road Closed" sign a bit before the gate (if coming from Berryessa).

IMG_0092.JPG
 
Wow, it looks super smooth. I haven't been on Reiff in awhile but I think I'll wait until after the storms tear it up a bit before going back. I can ride boring dirt roads around here if that's what I want. :laughing
 
I rode Reiff on Sunday and it's pretty much in "just a dirt road" shape. Could drive gramma's buick over it. I was traveling in the Hwy 16 > Berryessa direction and the gate at the Berryessa side was open although there was a "Road Closed" sign a bit before the gate (if coming from Berryessa).

The vegetation does not seem too affected from the fires. I thought it would be scorched earth.
 
The vegetation does not seem too affected from the fires. I thought it would be scorched earth.

There was plenty of scorched earth from after the lake/reservoir/whatever there in the picture to the gate, mostly on the north side of the road as I recall.
 
I rode Reiff on Sunday and it's pretty much in "just a dirt road" shape. Could drive gramma's buick over it. I was traveling in the Hwy 16 > Berryessa direction and the gate at the Berryessa side was open although there was a "Road Closed" sign a bit before the gate (if coming from Berryessa).

IMG_0092.JPG

Wow! You guys weren't kidding! Doesn't even resemble the pics I posted before. So the entire length is like that now?
 
Wow, it looks super smooth. I haven't been on Reiff in awhile but I think I'll wait until after the storms tear it up a bit before going back. I can ride boring dirt roads around here if that's what I want. :laughing

Exactly! You can take the kids on that one.
 
Back
Top