• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

:laughing Welcome to my world. My wife is a little bummed/irritated that I won't be dropping her off at the airport for her work trip. Her flight leaves at 11am, and I am not going to skip/be late for the ride when she can get re-imbursed for the cab ride :thumbup
 
Well after a good drop on my Tiger, if I can get me and my bike in order, I have no fear of the dirt. Maybe I am in.
 
:laughing Welcome to my world. My wife is a little bummed/irritated that I won't be dropping her off at the airport for her work trip. Her flight leaves at 11am, and I am not going to skip/be late for the ride when she can get re-imbursed for the cab ride :thumbup

Yeah you tell her! Emasculated men of the world UNITE!

Oh sorry, wrong forum :laughing

So you bringing the kdx I see you rode in June? Is that street legal? Must be a riot to ride. I had a 90 or 91 that had some upside down forks on it. Don't know if they were stock but it was a great bike.
 
I might bring the KDX, or I might punish myself and ride the wee strom. The KDX isn't street legal, so I wouldn't be able to do the entire loop....
 
Go with the dirt worthy one and damn the torpedos (license plate)
 
SUN 7/8 ADV/DS Ride

9AM at the Meetup point to give the Southbay guys a chance to make it.
Starbucks.jpg


Meetup:

Starbucks
4470 Central Way Ste 100
Fairfield, CA 94534

Ample parking around meetup point, CP1 or CP2 if you truck/trailer in.
KSU at 9:00am

It may be pretty warm...Hydrate or Die!

hydrate_or_die_sticker-p217665620893687289qjcl_400.jpg

and be prepared if you get a flat tire, run out of gas, or have ABS...

Ride Details on Original Post

Option 1: For the more adventurous: Camp out the night before in Knoxville
Option 2: For those that don't have to work on Monday: Keep on riding all the way up to Mendocino NF.
 
Sorry to hear about your doctor's orders. I hope you heal up/ recover/ get better quickly.
 
Cameron, rest up and we'll see you in the fall. Drop me a line if you need anything.
 
I'm thinking of doing this ride, BUT I don't think my poor Tiger will survive the pounding it takes on the hardpack washboard / ruts. I'm still over a month away from taking delivery of a CRF250L. I was wondering if my BMW F650CS would / could sub in for the Tiger. The 17" mag wheels with street tires and an exposed belt drive have me worried. What's the collective wisdom of this group..... should I or shouldn't I?
 
Tough call, Greg. The BMW could certainly do it, but I would worry about bashing/scuffing it up. If you're getting the 250L next month, I would probably just hang on. I'm VERY curious about that little 250, and have been following it closely since it was announced. Please let me know how you like yours once you finally get it.
 
The CS is the one that's more equiped for city riding with lower suspension then the 650gs right? Hmmm tough call but if you did it with the Tiger I'm sure you could do it with the CS, but that's not the question. I'd say just ride the little beast on Sunday but that's me who's riding dirtbike :twofinger

Interested to find out more about the 250L, will it still be air cooled or are they using the crf250x motor?
 
AFAIK, the motor in the L is out of the CBR250..... water cooled / FI / 6 speed. Bore and stroke is similar to the 1000RR..... so it should be a rev'er.

Yeah, the CS is the city bike. My main concern is picking up a rock in the belt and either puncturing the belt or breaking a pulley. Either one means I'm walking out. Yup, I'd better leave the CS in the barn. It's looking like the Tiger will have to suffer through one more thrashing......:(
 
"one more thrashing" now that's the spirit! :thumbup

The 250L sounds like it'll be way better then the 230L.
 
This thread is going to force an irrational purchase so I can come play with you guys on Sunday.
 
Yup, and being a 2013 model, I won't be able to change the stock exhaust system on the new L. Not really an issue for me. Most of my bikes have stock mufflers on them.... even my Harley (huh, say WHAT!?)
 
Yup, and being a 2013 model, I won't be able to change the stock exhaust system on the new L. Not really an issue for me. Most of my bikes have stock mufflers on them.... even my Harley (huh, say WHAT!?)

Same here. I prefer stealth.
 
Back
Top