• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Just wanted to say that my friend Terry (BMW GS) will be joining us. The last time he rode with this group, he got convinced that dirt riding wasn't for him or his big trailie. :x

So, I'll be avoiding the dirt :wow and doing a street loop up to Lower Lake to Hwy 29 to 20 to 16 with a lunch stop in Capay Vly IF anyone else wants to join us.

:ride
 
I hope to join next time. I'm on-call this weekend (system support mgr), so I can't be out of cell range.

@ Bonerov: I have your can of fix-a-flat for when I see you next time. I appreciate the help! Embarrassingly enough, I found out my "tubeless" tires have tubes. Should have read the manual instead of the tire. :blush

have fun!
 
I'll see you guys at Starbucks in the AM, this should be fun.
 
I hope to join next time. I'm on-call this weekend (system support mgr), so I can't be out of cell range.

@ Bonerov: I have your can of fix-a-flat for when I see you next time. I appreciate the help! Embarrassingly enough, I found out my "tubeless" tires have tubes. Should have read the manual instead of the tire. :blush

have fun!

Lol, too funny. Seriously you out there soon!
 
This bike is made for dirt roads right?

539888_10150790139430937_1582450860_n.jpg


Or is this bike more appropriate?

539786_10151054220540937_1338918774_n.jpg


:ride
 
Motard's welcome

Bike is in Motard mode and dirt rims still have crap non DOT tires.
Not going to make this...
Ride safe! Have fun! Ride again soon!
Aka Don't F-up and crash and break important stuff.

600_100897732.jpeg


Check out DukeD's Maxxis Goldspeed Supermotard rain tires! and the massive front rotor..
Hey Sasq, there are a bunch of us doing this ride on supermoto wheels. Just do it, it'll be fun.

Vid from 103_Moto on a motard
Here's some footage from the first dirt section.
[YOUTUBE]jcmjqOCfc8c[/YOUTUBE]

2-Up?
P1030421.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm so excited about tomorrow's ride I can't sleep. I'm torturing myself listening to old school disco in the garage..... sleeeeeep must find sleeeeep. :wtf

See you knuckleheads in the morning.
 
I'm always early cause I ride so slow. Waiting at Sbux and chugging coffee. Three CHPs are here waiting for you guys. I think they mentioned Drew.
 
Couldn't make it. Company this weekend, but can't wait to see the report and pics. Will make the next one though. Gonna be great weather for you.
Ride safe.
 
It was a great ride. I rode on the slab with 3 others and not in the dirt. Not wanting to take my FZ600 in the dirt. Still had a good time. Next time I hope to have my Tiger or something else. Nice to see some old faces and new ones too. Until next time :ride Pics to come :thumbup

Oh yea I took out a little dear. He came up over the side of the road and was running as fast as he could at a 45 deg angle to me and my left foot smacked him at about 50mph. Didnt do anything to me but I bet he was sore. I hurt for about 10 minutes. Didnt shake my bike. Happened just past the OHV turn.
 
Last edited:
Just got home. Had quite the adventure ride with Hugh and Tim. Thanks for putting this on again, I have never had two the same! :thumbup
 
Thanks to all 31 of y'all for keeping me company on this months ride; and a special thanks to y'all that led the lemmings through the valley of death: Greg, Andy, Dan, Dave, Aaron, Dean, Tim, Bill, Jim. Good Times!

Just got home. Had quite the adventure ride with Hugh and Tim. Thanks for putting this on again, I have never had two the same! :thumbup

I heard from some of the guys that one of the KLRs had a malfunction with the kickstand safety switch. I assume it was either you or Hugh's KLR. Last saw Tim (V-Strom) up on the ridge where the sumos were fixing a flat. I backtracked on Reiff Rd. but never intercepted any of you.

Epilogue: Hugh (KLR) had electrical gremloins with the kickstand and neutral switches. Jim (KLR) and Tim (V-Strom) pushed Hugh's KLR to the Knoxville OHV entrance, locked the bike up, for pick up later. 2-up to Lower Lake on the V-Strom. Lesson Learned: I always carry a tow strap.

It was a great ride. I rode on the slab with 3 others and not in the dirt. Not wanting to take my FZ600 in the dirt. Still had a good time. Next time I hope to have my Tiger or something else. Nice to see some old faces and new ones too. Until next time :ride Pics to come :thumbup.

I'm glad the riders find the route interesting for either street or dirt.
 
Last edited:
Again awesome ride guys had a blast ! Lost one fellow early on he went straight on 128 missed the Knoxville berryessa turn off but found us on the ohv park exit....whew! Can you say slippery ? wow hard to find traction out there today. The air conditioned gas stop was nice to relax and drop the gear for a few. First time doing this ride backwards and I think I like it better in this direction. Also if you guys haven't done the split on top of reiff rd you have to try it. Spectacular views on the top ridge with views for miles and the road is like a roller coaster and only 10 miles round trip as it is a dead end. Oh and Dan on the stretch of slab dropping down into Cordellia awesome good fun, riding like to hooligans from hell!!:wtf
 
Last edited:
Great ride today, gents. Drew, thanks for hosting the ride. I can't believe how many people showed up today. All sorts of fun bikes and interesting people.

I'm pretty happy with the little XT. That little beast hauled my tubby ass around very effectively. I completely forgot to take even a single picture, but man did I have fun.
 
Fun ride guys, I think the "big trailie" group was awesome. Big thanks to our lead for keeping things...uhh, swift. :laughing

Aaron, Way to ride that little sucker. Also meant to tell you that you're getting a nice puff of blue smoke out your tailpipe when at high RPM (mainly when downshifting).
 
Back
Top