• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Off the deep end pursuing a different adventure on the fringe where Aprilia/ATK/BMW/Ducati/Honda/Husaberg/Husqvarna/Kawasaki/KTM/Suzuki/Triumph/Yamaha and seats don't exist...

Yes we ride in T-shirts and tank-tops in the summer

Drew is correct, I love trials it is so satisfying and difficult at the same time. I ride for 30 min everyother day in my backyard and learn so much everytime. My Husky looks so sad sitting in my garage it's like please ride me...please. Ha Im a trials convert all the way, and look forward to applying my new skills on the Husky some day.:teeth
 
Looks like an awesome event, Drew. If I had been arounhttp://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/580991-2t-and-4t-am-i-missing-something/d this weekend, I would definitely have gone with you. On a side note, I did rip through SF on the two-smoker with the 17" wheels on it this evening. :laughing

Riding my plated 2-T on the street probably makes me a criminal - always looking over my shoulder for the Man. Too much fun! Sold all of my 450 4-T which feel like absolute pigs compared to the 2-T.

Note: T = Tiempos (Spanish/Italian) Temp (French) Takt (German); only English uses 'Stroke' or 'Cycle'
 
Riding my plated 2-T on the street probably makes me a criminal - always looking over my shoulder for the Man. Too much fun! Sold all of my 450 4-T which feel like absolute pigs compared to the 2-T.

Note: T = Tiempos (Spanish/Italian) Temp (French) Takt (German); only English uses 'Stroke' or 'Cycle'

I hear you. I threw on the sumo wheels and rode into SF last night. I was CONSTANTLY looking over my shoulder for the po-po. :laughing
 
Anyone ride Rayhouse Road this weekend? Is the gate open? I was thinking of going up this Friday.

Thx

Leo
 
What else could you possibly want for fun?
946541_327906134004157_650314517_n.jpg


Third time out this Sunday in the huge (65 x 35 miles holy cow!) and beautiful Mendocino Forest with a mind-boggling network of trails and roads…now that place (as in the pic) sure made me wanna go moto camping! No faceplants this time and no loss of bungeed items, yay, I am liking this more and more! New tire allowed railing of Hopland Grade and grabs trail just dandy too. Thanks Banjo for the photo services and pointers out there. And thanks for showing us all up on your dang road bike on the trails dagnabit – LOL, amazing and insane hillbilly cred, big time.

Yeah and last night brapping about town I felt totally like a hooligan, felt like I was Chuck Norris on that tall (lowered now but still tall!) brapping DR…tho Mary Poppins is likely closer to reality :-0

The brapping sound alone is enough to cause serious trouble! Addicting as heck.

And so Friday night a friend sez to me to come out to her neighborhood, cuz someone’s ripping all over the hills of El Sob just about every evening…and I’m all, really? Local-style? So is that you, undertheoaks? All this moto-intrigue is just about more than I can handle for one day…I need a cold shower!
 
Nicki, your enthusiasm is so contagious. :thumbup
You'll have to take my new orange bike for a spin next time I see you.
 
What else could you possibly want for fun?
946541_327906134004157_650314517_n.jpg


Third time out this Sunday in the huge (65 x 35 miles holy cow!) and beautiful Mendocino Forest with a mind-boggling network of trails and roads…now that place (as in the pic) sure made me wanna go moto camping! No faceplants this time and no loss of bungeed items, yay, I am liking this more and more! New tire allowed railing of Hopland Grade and grabs trail just dandy too. Thanks Banjo for the photo services and pointers out there. And thanks for showing us all up on your dang road bike on the trails dagnabit – LOL, amazing and insane hillbilly cred, big time.

Yeah and last night brapping about town I felt totally like a hooligan, felt like I was Chuck Norris on that tall (lowered now but still tall!) brapping DR…tho Mary Poppins is likely closer to reality :-0

The brapping sound alone is enough to cause serious trouble! Addicting as heck.

And so Friday night a friend sez to me to come out to her neighborhood, cuz someone’s ripping all over the hills of El Sob just about every evening…and I’m all, really? Local-style? So is that you, undertheoaks? All this moto-intrigue is just about more than I can handle for one day…I need a cold shower!
Glad ya came, 'n livened up the party! :party
If ya want mor fun in the Mendo forest, check out http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856278 :thumbup

Mendo_NF_zps4304c6f0.jpg


Nicki_2_zps00e47945.jpg


Nicki, your enthusiasm is so contagious. :thumbup
You'll have to take my new orange bike for a spin next time I see you.
She reminds me of a Steely Dan song cuz she's a live wire! :laughing

When Josie comes home
So good
She's the pride of the neighborhood
She's the raw flame
The live wire
She prays like a Roman
With her eyes on fire
 
Nikki, you have entered my secret garden. The Mendocino National Forest is proof that God exists in some form or another. To me anyway, I love the smells, love this time of year before the dust takes over :thumbup
 
Oh my, my, you guys are blowing all my gaskets over here! LOL!
Must RIDE MOAR!
 
Hey Banjoboy, you going to the rally? I'm loaded up, stoked and leaving tomorrow afternoon!
After this weekend, I will have traveled thru a bunch of the Mendo. Forest. So lucky it is in our backyard.
 

Attachments

  • May12013 005small.jpg
    May12013 005small.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 80
Hey Banjoboy, you going to the rally? I'm loaded up, stoked and leaving tomorrow afternoon!
After this weekend, I will have traveled thru a bunch of the Mendo. Forest. So lucky it is in our backyard. Indeed! :thumbup
Naw, if'n ya seen where I live, you'd know every day's camping for me! :toothless
I did the reconnaissance with Gilla Funkay, thaz mah contribution. :ride
 
Naw, if'n ya seen where I live, you'd know every day's camping for me! :toothless
I did the reconnaissance with Gilla Funkay, thaz mah contribution. :ride

Banjoboy and GorrillazFunk on the same ride? That must have been an adventure for sure!
 
Banjoboy and GorrillazFunk on the same ride? That must have been an adventure for sure!
Yet little Nicki managed to survive. (After learn'in ta cover her kill switch! :devil )
 
Looks like an awesome event, Drew. If I had been around this weekend, I would definitely have gone with you. On a side note, I did rip through SF on the two-smoker with the 17" wheels on it this evening. :laughing

Wait!
What?
The street legal two stroke dualsport came with 17s too?!?!?!?! Holy crap! What a package! Can't wait to see it Lunchbox at the Sheetiron.
 
When and where is the next ride?

If my calculations are correct the next one should be this Sunday. Well, that's how it started anyway when our fearless leader Seavoyage created this ride. It was the second sunday of every month.
 
Yet little Nicki managed to survive. (After learn'in ta cover her kill switch! :devil )

Now wait one tarfrickin minute, did you go on on this ride Banjo? I really need to get on the computer more these days, seems I'm missing some quality company here dammit
 
A little thing called Mother's day is going to get in the way of this one for me. Until the kids are old enough to buy gifts for Mom by themselves it'll be like this for a few more years...
 
Wholly shit, thanks for reminding me CWH.
I guess I'll have to wait till the June ride.
 
Wait!
What?
The street legal two stroke dualsport came with 17s too?!?!?!?! Holy crap! What a package! Can't wait to see it Lunchbox at the Sheetiron.

Yeah, I am soooooooo stoked about it. Such a neat scooter.
 
Back
Top