• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I'll see if I can get the day free. That's a fun ride.
 
I might be game. Although 100 miles to dirt always makes me squeamish. Gotta check with my social coordinator to see if Sunday is free.
 
I'll be at checkpoint 1 (crossroads) hopefully. Depending on timing, might be at the Pope Canyon Rd/Berryessa bridge and file in at the end of the pack. No need for the group to stop like in March, for sure I'll be there by 9:45 and KU ready to roll.

My buddy George should be at the Starbucks on his plated CRF450.
 
...Gotta check with my social coordinator to see if Sunday is free.
This. I'm a maybe...I know we have something on the calendar...gotta see if I can show up dirty and late...bike is fixed up and so am I...need to get out and :ride :teeth


T
 
I have had a great time on the last few rides but my riding days are over for awhile. My dr lost 5th gear and left metal shaving in my case. Don't have the money, tools or confidence to try and fix it. It's been a little rough going from 45 mpg to 12 mpg. Hope to have something by next month haha. Have fun and bring lots of water 100+ temps this weekend.
 
I'm planning on going? Wanna meet up in Oakland for the ride up to the Starbucks?

Meetup:
Starbucks
4470 Central Way Ste 100
Fairfield, CA 94534

That would work. Time/Location? I'll be leaving from near the Rockridge BART.
 
You may have had a 3rd gear failure, which seems to plague some of the DRs. 3rd is dogged to 5th, so if 5th is gone it's likely not connected to the 3rd anymore.

Unfortunately it may be the demise of the motor.

What were the circumstances of the failure?

I have had a great time on the last few rides but my riding days are over for awhile. My dr lost 5th gear and left metal shaving in my case. Don't have the money, tools or confidence to try and fix it. It's been a little rough going from 45 mpg to 12 mpg. Hope to have something by next month haha. Have fun and bring lots of water 100+ temps this weekend.
 
I've been itching to do a good ride lately, but unfortunately the foot isn't ready for more rocks just yet. :mad I keep telling myself i'll be fine in one more week...or two...3 at the most.

Damn....I need to ride...:|
 
I've been itching to do a good ride lately, but unfortunately the foot isn't ready for more rocks just yet. :mad I keep telling myself i'll be fine in one more week...or two...3 at the most.

Damn....I need to ride...:|

:|
Get better, man. :(
 
Works for me. It may take 45-50 min on a 250 though :teeth

Sounds good to me. We should be able to make the KSUP time if we leave at 7:45. If you're riding with extra gear I don't mind strapping your stuff on the KLR to lighten your ride.
 
Cabin cruiser, get yourself a Clymer's manual and go for it! The 650 is a very basic design that hasn't changed in years. Any questions, pm me. Or, better yet, if You aren't going to fix it, I would be interested in it IF you haven't been running it after it shelled out the gear.
 
I'll be at the Berryessa/Pope Canyon crossroads by about 9:45. I don't think I can make it to checkpoint 1 on time. If I don't see some gnarly looking crew by about 10, I'll take off on my own.

My buddy George up and sold his 450 on Wednesday and bought a CBR600RR. :thumbdown What an idiot. So don't wait around for him in Fairfield.

By the way, if you're sweating the possibility of really hot weather, my weather app says 83 in Lower Lake on Sunday.
 
Calinative I will let you know about what I'm going to do about motor. This is my second motor. My first did same thing at about 22k miles. It's currently on page 3-9 in Suzuki manual. That's when I acquired another motor. I did ride the bike home 4 miles. Didn't want to wake wife up at 4:30am for another ride shame. Things are a little crazy right now. Check with me in a few weeks. The second motor also has 20k+ on it now.
 
Back
Top