• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

First downhill on Rieff road is all kind of fucked up. :laughing

I remember leading (more like riding sweep) on that ride every month for a year. More than half of those rides were on an Triumph Tiger with luggage. Energizer26 would do it 2-up on a V-Strom (DL1000) shod with street tires in the mud! olhogrider on a Triumph Bonneville w/ chrome reverse cone pipes, full dresser windshield, and leather saddle bags. Titus58 frequents that route on his DL1000 but he's an uberbeast stud! You should see Banjoboy on his FZ6 'Dirt Bike'.

Great for developing throttle control and balance. Don't sit down (keep feet on the pegs to lower the CG). Work that friction zone (1-finger) and modulate both brakes. Definitely don't grab the front brake or lean over the bars: the front will plow and you'll go down. Make sure your ABS is turned off. And don't stop!!!!
 
Last edited:
Lighter bike would be ideal for that ride.

While I didn't come off, my poorly sprung 400lb bike was a bit of a handful.

SV
Titus' SV would have had one heck of a time on that road in it's current condition. Tim would do it anyways, he's touched like that...
:twofinger
(hell he did the Sheetiron on his SV. Mad props for that and nearly hitting a bear!)
 
Sharky, Titus has a DL, not an SV. Still, the guy is a beast. :thumbup
 
Wed. 6/19/13 met Bassetts Station, Sierra City, CA hwy 49 & gold lake rd; ride the area

Terry and I rode the jeep trails he led I trailed, no gps Terry had map, did not get to Downieville, ran out of water after landed on camel back, not my fault (rabbits running across trail had to save them) back to Bassets 5 hrs about 50m miles mostly dirt, rocks, fun . decided route as we went 93, butcher ranch, Buttes; hell fire I don’t know. Did drop down to Gold Lake. Only part of ride not really big bike friendly, even Terry had issue. Jeep roads do have a lot of rocks in places. Some challenges, Dead done deal gorgeous. Weather perfect, Ya shoudda been there.

Bruno
 
I haven't done this ride in months. My poor two-fiddy has been waiting patiently for its turn at the road/dirt. I'll be there Sunday with one caveat....I'll have to bail after Knoxville OHV.
 
Work has been crazy demanding but if I muster up the energy, I'll be there :) :ride
 
Unfortunately I'll have to skip this one. :( We're moving over to east bay this weekend...I guess the good news is I'll be 1/2 hr closer to the dirtz. :)

Save some shells for me!!

camp021107013.jpg


Shamelessly grabbed from a clean-up thread from a few years back. :twofinger

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-...00-knoxville-ohv-clean-up-may-4th-2008-a.html
 
Enroute to Berryessa. I'll be camping tonight at Knoxville OHV, see you guys on Sunday morning :ride BTW - I'll also have a trials bike with me and a KTM200 if anyone cares to give them a try.
 
Last edited:
After riding seavoyage's 300 last weekend, I decided that I REALLY need to stop putting off refreshing the top end on the KTM before I ride it much more. Third gear power wheelies are fun (thanks for letting me try out your scooter, Drew). I have piston/rings/gaskets/compression tester on order. :party

I might even do the work while killing time at the rental house during Laguna Seca next weekend. :teeth.
 
Back
Top