• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Yeah, lol, and me almost running into you -
"I will not follow too closely"
"I will not follow too closely"
"I will not follow too closely"

:rolleyes

Very cool vid - great feel

Yeah, I was kinda wondering why were you that close. :laughing
 
I'll be there, will do my usual truck-to-Berryessa thing. I'll meet up with everyone at the Knoxville/Devilshead entrance to make it easy. 1.9 gallon tank for the win!
 
Is anyone trucking to the Cordelia start point? I want to truck my xt out there but can't load/unload by myself..so while I know there will be people there in the morning to help, I'm not sure anyone will be there at the end of day. Let me know please & thanks :)

edit: or BrianF- maybe I can truck to wherever you're trucking to?
 
I appreciate that but I don't want to inconvenience anyone. If no one plans go back to the Cordelia Starbucks I will truck out closer to Knoxville OHV and then beg for help out there :laughing :loser
 
I am most likely out. I know I am really slow and I feel like it would be a good idea to get some more experience before I slow everyone down. Ask Rebekah, I am really slow. I've only gone on dirt roads twice.
 
Rebekah, if I go, I'll be trucking from Pacifica. I could roll by and pick up you and your scooter, as it isn't far out of the way. Not 100 percent sure I'm going. I'll apply for a hall pass tonight. :teeth (we are talking Sunday the 12th, right?
 
I am most likely out. I know I am really slow and I feel like it would be a good idea to get some more experience before I slow everyone down. Ask Rebekah, I am really slow. I've only gone on dirt roads twice.

Well how will you get any better if you keep bailing on dirt rides. :teeth This IS noob friendly and the route although long is relatively mild. Mostly fire/jeep roads with some rocks hear and there. On a Vstrom it would be slow going for a newbie but there usually are lots of guys on big bikes that go slow too.
Go on sfcootz, make this the third dirt ride :thumbup it's a great ride for all levels.
 
You don't really have to worry about slowing anyone down because the bikes in the front always stop and wait. Plus it gives me a chances to get off the bike and get some good pics/video of everyone riding.
 
planning on going on this ride, 2nd sun august; truck to and meet knoxville, where dirt begins, might camp nite b4 /w old trials bike and ktm, all this pending weather

Bruno
 
^^^ Double ditto - come on out cootz and give it a try. :thumbup

First dirt section thru Knoxville is very noob friendly and we make sure there is a sweep behind you and can ride it at your own pace. If that's all ur comfortable with that's fine, you can just take the paved road back thru Berryessa and enjoy the twisties on your wee :thumbup If you're up for more dirt then you can start the first part of Rieff rd, again noob friendly and easy just to reverse and double back if it gets too hard - so good bail out options. As DD noted, ya can't improve if ya don't ride :teeth Besides my vstrom can use the company with all these little DS ripsnorts roosting and rear wheel sliding around :rofl:twofinger

Hope you come out and give it a go.


T
 
Rebekah, if I go, I'll be trucking from Pacifica. I could roll by and pick up you and your scooter, as it isn't far out of the way. Not 100 percent sure I'm going. I'll apply for a hall pass tonight. :teeth (we are talking Sunday the 12th, right?

Yep Sunday the...11th ;) I'd soo appreciate riding together!! :love
Let me know if you get to go, lol

And COOTZ! you better come!! Like everyone said, practice makes perfect and there will be plenty of bigger, slower bikes.
 
Last edited:
Trying to figure out how to make this work...
 
Ok. As long as y'all realize I am hella slow and need plenty of adult supervision. :toothless I still find the dirt very challenging.
 
Cootz, the key is ride your own ride, relax, keep your weight on the pegs not the seat, and let the bike do the work. some times they go slippy slidey that's just what they do.
I don't know what tires you have on teh Wee but maybe we should bend on some Kendas or Shinkos so as to have a little more bite without a huge outlay of cash on your part :dunno
 
Good advice, G. The other thing is to be SMOOTH on your inputs and keep your grip light by gripping the bike with your thighs (easier said than done sometimes).

Come on out, have fun, take it easy and learn what you can. This is the perfect ride for dirt noobs. I am REALLY hoping to make it out for this one, as it has been quite awhile. G, it would be SWEET if you were able to make it, as well. :thumbup
 
Back
Top