• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Regardless, it's an oh crap kind of situation. Stupid California and its awesome roads :teeth
 
Regardless, it's an oh crap kind of situation. Stupid California and its awesome roads :teeth

Pretty much! Anyways I won't know the status of the clutch until I get a new cable, and if I can get one this week I'm back in. Or maybe I will just try to rig up a suicide clutch in desperation! :laughing
 
I'm looking to join the fray as well, clearly running away from responsibility.





...Pulling the clutch in up against your pinky and ring finger helps keep you in the friction zone and gives you excellent clutch control.


Clutch gone? I can't imagine why, Hmmm.....


:p
 
Last edited:
I'm looking to join the fray as well, clearly running away from responsibility.


Clutch gone? I can't imagine why, Hmmm.....


:p

Come on out and join the rest of us who are shirking responsibilities. :thumbup

Lol @ clutch comment.
 
:banana

I am looking forward to this ride!
 
Come on out and join the rest of us who are shirking responsibilities. :thumbup

Lol @ clutch comment.

Yeah, I can't pass it up. I'm going to try to get a friend to come out too - we've litterally been trying to go for a ride for probably 5yrs! I always had some issue with my old Duc.

Had a blast last time: next day my legs were like rubber bands lol.:banana
 
It is looking more and more like I am going to be in on this one. I blame Joe. (thanks bud) I have a SMC 690 and the street tires. I might have a little issue with fuel range and was wondering what everyone wears for gear. I have a full compliment of dirt and street gear. I was going to pack up a backpack with drinks and food and was trying to decide on gear.

Joe we riding the whole thing or trucking it a bit?
 
Not gonna make it. But I have a really, really, really good excuse. :)
 
It is looking more and more like I am going to be in on this one. I blame Joe. (thanks bud) I have a SMC 690 and the street tires. I might have a little issue with fuel range and was wondering what everyone wears for gear. I have a full compliment of dirt and street gear. I was going to pack up a backpack with drinks and food and was trying to decide on gear.

Joe we riding the whole thing or trucking it a bit?

I'm not an expert by any means but I rode Knoxville two Sundays ago and wore my mesh street jacket, dirt (dot) helmet, dirt goggles, dirt pants/knee pads, and street boots. I only wore my street boots because I rode from Alameda to there though and couldn't pack my dirt boots...since I'm trucking I'll be packing my dirt boots for sure.

I was warm at times but never dying of heat. I'll wear a similar set up this weekend. Possibly might switch out my mesh jacket for a fox jersey and armor.
 
I rode with Rebekah and was in full street textiles, too. I was... moist under the jacket but it wasn't unbearable unless we stopped moving.

I can't wait for this ride!!!!
 
Goggles are very important IMO. This ride is pretty dusty, especially with such a large group.
 
Goggles are very important IMO. This ride is pretty dusty, especially with such a large group.

It's only dusty if you aren't out in front! :party





...or so I've been told. I can't confirm that first hand.




Don't worry Joe, I will be fully clothed. :thumbup
 
Back
Top