ladder106
New member
Well, after rushing home 'cause I thought I had to, I found that other people had changed their plans (instead of me for a change) and I was home alone...well not completely alone 'cause there was a nice note from a female person who shares my life pointing to a nice bit of Shepard's Pie in the cold box.
So, I was able to give the bike a bit of care in the form of a quick rinse-off, chain clean and lube and air filter clean/oil.
That was followed by a nice hot shower, then the Shepard's Pie accompanied by a large Boddintons. So, now I'm sitting here with an Irish Coffee reflecting on the day.
Obigatory low quality mobile phone photo from the dam:
For a day that started with nobody but Scott and I (well and maybe Paul who was having difficulty committing), we ended up with Seven riders.
Which reminds me....Seven is also the capacity of the fuel tank on Dmitriy's KTM. We all heard the number 7 quite a few times today. And, enough of that "aww shucks - big toe in the sand" thing, Dmitriy, you can ride that bike just fine...even when it wants to lead with the rear wheel.
Crazybrother(and here's another story)George brought up a beautiful plated 450 Honda that we didn't see much of...well at least I didn't riding clean-up in the back. He swears it's all totally legal but after his fender bag fell off the bike (for the third time, I think) I'm pretty sure I spotted a voodoo doll wearing a DMV shirt peeking out from the corner of the pack.
So a few observations from the rear:
...If you want an exciting ride, stay behind Cabin Cruiser. The only feral herbivore that we encountered all day let 4 riders go by before deciding to dash across the road right in front of Scott. Couple that with the CHP encounter some months ago and you know following him will NOT be boring
...Quad riders (and I use the term loosely) certainly do not feel the need to yield even a few inches of roadway when oncoming....what is up with THAT.
...Everyone was very competent today with no falls and only a few brief incidents with that tail swapping KTM.
... Paul is the happiest guy on a 250 that I've ever seen. Always willing to ride it to wherever....Reno was it?
... Scott, Hope you enjoyed Sand Creek Road. Apologies for the dust. The road is almost worth the drone down 99 down south.
... Oh yeah....Dmitriy has a 7 gallon tank
That's all until December. Maybe we'll have some water in the creeks and a few locked gates to make things more interesting.
So, I was able to give the bike a bit of care in the form of a quick rinse-off, chain clean and lube and air filter clean/oil.
That was followed by a nice hot shower, then the Shepard's Pie accompanied by a large Boddintons. So, now I'm sitting here with an Irish Coffee reflecting on the day.
Obigatory low quality mobile phone photo from the dam:
For a day that started with nobody but Scott and I (well and maybe Paul who was having difficulty committing), we ended up with Seven riders.
Which reminds me....Seven is also the capacity of the fuel tank on Dmitriy's KTM. We all heard the number 7 quite a few times today. And, enough of that "aww shucks - big toe in the sand" thing, Dmitriy, you can ride that bike just fine...even when it wants to lead with the rear wheel.
Crazybrother(and here's another story)George brought up a beautiful plated 450 Honda that we didn't see much of...well at least I didn't riding clean-up in the back. He swears it's all totally legal but after his fender bag fell off the bike (for the third time, I think) I'm pretty sure I spotted a voodoo doll wearing a DMV shirt peeking out from the corner of the pack.
So a few observations from the rear:
...If you want an exciting ride, stay behind Cabin Cruiser. The only feral herbivore that we encountered all day let 4 riders go by before deciding to dash across the road right in front of Scott. Couple that with the CHP encounter some months ago and you know following him will NOT be boring
...Quad riders (and I use the term loosely) certainly do not feel the need to yield even a few inches of roadway when oncoming....what is up with THAT.
...Everyone was very competent today with no falls and only a few brief incidents with that tail swapping KTM.
... Paul is the happiest guy on a 250 that I've ever seen. Always willing to ride it to wherever....Reno was it?
... Scott, Hope you enjoyed Sand Creek Road. Apologies for the dust. The road is almost worth the drone down 99 down south.
... Oh yeah....Dmitriy has a 7 gallon tank
That's all until December. Maybe we'll have some water in the creeks and a few locked gates to make things more interesting.
Last edited:


















