• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Right On Aaron and Sid! So you guys doing it in dirt or supermoto trim?
 
690!? When did you get that?

Ok Sid, supermoto it is..... wait, now I have to switch wheels?:afm199
 
690!? When did you get that?

Ok Sid, supermoto it is..... wait, now I have to switch wheels?:afm199

Not too long ago. I just couldn't pass it up. So damned much fun.

20140124_153718_zpsdssnw3we.jpg
 
Indeed. This thing is truly an amazing bike. At home on the freeway, twisties, goats, trails. It doesn't care where it is or what kind of terrain it encounters. If only its rider were so capable. :laughing
 
That thing is a beast! The front 21 is dwarfed by the monster rear tire. I don't know if I could handle something that big in the dirt, you go bouy.

Brokenlink, this ride is perfect for a drz sm or s :thumbup
 
That thing is a beast! The front 21 is dwarfed by the monster rear tire. I don't know if I could handle something that big in the dirt, you go bouy.

Brokenlink, this ride is perfect for a drz sm or s :thumbup

It's a bit of a weird angle, I think. It's a standard 18/21 setup. Also, I've seen you ride. You could handle this bike just fine. You're welcome to throw a leg over it whenever you want. :thumbup
 
Ok cool! I'll wait for the most opportune time like when you pass me powersliding around a corner for the 4th time. :mad

Will you be trucking to the Suisun Starbucks still or do you ride it there? I imagine you could ride it with no problems but would pretty much toast your knobbies from Pacifica no?

Charlie might be coming to this too so you'll get to see your old baby two smoker in action as well :ride
 
That thing is a beast! The front 21 is dwarfed by the monster rear tire. I don't know if I could handle something that big in the dirt, you go bouy.

Brokenlink, this ride is perfect for a drz sm or s :thumbup

Yeah. I haven't ridden it since last summer and just got it back up and running. So it would be good to show it a little love.
 
DOT knobbies. They actually last pretty well. I rode the 690 from Pacifica to Fort Bragg and back (the long, dirty way) a few weeks ago. Tires and bike did great!
 
Wow it's been over a year since my last ride up there looking forward to it and hopefully weather is good. My son will be riding his 625smc, of course I'll be riding my trusted steed BRP SM (big red pig supermoto). Still totally in love with the trials thing and looking forward to the opening season March 2/3 at Frank Raines OHV. Ride out there on Mines Rd and check it out pretty cool stuff and an amazing Rd there. :ride
 
I've still never been out to Frank Raines. I'll have to ride out and check it out. As you said: fun roads getting to and from.
 
Show me the way

I rode the 690 from Pacifica to Fort Bragg and back (the long, dirty way) a few weeks ago

Brief or detailed description of your "dirty" route out to Bragg would be fun to have.

I have my own way of doing this but get a bit "confused" once north of Gualala.
 
I got a bit lost here and there, but essentially I went to Fairfield, then up the usual second Sunday route to Knoxville-Berryessa. From there, I wound my way up whatever jeep trails my GPS could find as I made my way to Cow Mountain. From there, I went West to Boonville, where I spent the night. The next day, I did a lot of exploring of various dead end dirt roads and such, and even found some pristine forest through which to ride. I ended up in Fort Bragg, where I spent the night. The next day it was raining pretty hard, so I just took the coast home from there. Fun trip, for sure. :thumbup
 
Very Cool Aaron, riding that bike the way it was meant to be ridden! I'd be down to ride out to Franks for the trials thing then carry on to Patterson and back to Livermore! Makes a great alternative to Knoxville when they lock the gate. Much more supermoto or street oriented but the stop in Franks makes a fun dirt adventure.
 
Back
Top