• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Frank Raines is a cool place nice fire roads and some descent easy single track and lots of difficult steep single track if you dare. The Trials event does not close the park so you can ride around and have fun while there and the loop to Mt Hamilton is awesome !!! The view from the observatory is great and at the junction of Mines Rd and Del Puerto Canyon Rd theres a Stop for food if they are open this time of year.:teeth
 
Very Cool Aaron, riding that bike the way it was meant to be ridden! I'd be down to ride out to Franks for the trials thing then carry on to Patterson and back to Livermore! Makes a great alternative to Knoxville when they lock the gate. Much more supermoto or street oriented but the stop in Franks makes a fun dirt adventure.

Frank Raines is a cool place nice fire roads and some descent easy single track and lots of difficult steep single track if you dare. The Trials event does not close the park so you can ride around and have fun while there and the loop to Mt Hamilton is awesome !!! The view from the observatory is great and at the junction of Mines Rd and Del Puerto Canyon Rd theres a Stop for food if they are open this time of year.:teeth

Sounds like we have a field trip planned for the near future. :)
 
So, who all is planning on going on the next one? I believe is will be on March 9th...
 
%97.4 in
 
Last edited:
Wish I could get back in on one of these rides but some desert shenanigans have forced me into a few more weeks on the mend
 
Oh no, Jimbo. Heal up, get better, and come out to play. :thumbup

I hope it isn't anything serious.
 
Anybody riding out to Frank Raines to watch the trials event and ride Mines Rd. ? My truck is down so I can't ride the trials event so maybe I might ride out there on the SM and burn up xsome fuel.:ride
 
Anyone rather ride Stonyford that day? I might be going there with a couple of friends.
(Dirt only)... We usually meet at Granzella's at 08:00 for breakfast then head to Little Stony Campground to stage.
 
Thinking of joining for next Sunday, March 9. I'd be riding from SF on a DR350, not familiar with that area. What's the total time/mileage round trip approx?
 
I just got back from riding knoxville / devil head rd and thought some of you guys might like to know the conditions out there are a bit messy. I would seriously think twice about getting a big adventure bike out there in the next week or two. The wet adobe clay on the north end of the area was clogging my knobbies and sticking to just about every thing possible. I barley made it from the south end to the north end and decided that was enough for me on my 250x. And the trails were even worse. Couple of the water crossings were flowing but I doubt they'll last through the week. Any ways big bike beware unless you really want to pick me up a lot.
 
I meant unless you really want to pick IT up. Silly auto correct.
 
Thinking of joining for next Sunday, March 9. I'd be riding from SF on a DR350, not familiar with that area. What's the total time/mileage round trip approx?

It's 2 hours north of Fairfield, so I wouldn't ride there. We truck our bikes up and then ride. It's the best riding area In California.
 
It's 2 hours north of Fairfield, so I wouldn't ride there. We truck our bikes up and then ride. It's the best riding area In California.

Got it, thanks. All of my vehicles have 2 wheels. If anyone's ever got room for an extra bike in the truck let me know. Happy to contribute gas money.
 
Back
Top