ripter
Pig Flogger
Baja sounds lite it was an amazing trip! Wish I could made it... Next time. It's supposed to be raining on Sunday still. Are you guys planning to go anyway?
I'm a bit beat up from Baja, but I might show up anyway. I was considering riding dirt bikes but I don't think that my ribs are up for it.

I'm in envy Aaron! Did you do it on the 690?
Ride report and pictures please![]()
Was that F8 lowered? Seems like my F8 has more than enough clearance for that log.
I see cast wheels, I think that's either a 650 or 700.
It's an F650GS. I weigh 230lb in my gear and had 50lbs of luggage on it and this was the first time ever off-road with a bike that I had just bought so I wasn't quite comfortable enough yet to just speed up and pump the forks and hop it. Probably could have made it if I had I tried harder. I ordered new springs and a new rear shock for my weight that will also raise the bike a couple inches so I should be good to go next time.

It's an F650GS. I weigh 230lb in my gear and had 50lbs of luggage on it and this was the first time ever off-road with a bike that I had just bought so I wasn't quite comfortable enough yet to just speed up and pump the forks and hop it. Probably could have made it if I had I tried harder. I ordered new springs and a new rear shock for my weight that will also raise the bike a couple inches so I should be good to go next time.
Hopping logs, especially on a bigger dirt bike is a lot harder then those guys doing it make it look.... then you add 50lbs of luggage, first time on bike in dirt, equals a difficult maneuver at best.
Wasn't attempting to criticize, just curious as I have a newly acquired F800 and looking at my bike it seemed there'd be no clearance issues with that log. But your bike was clearly getting stuck, hence wondering if it were lowered and causing the problem.
I'm not a dirt expert but hope to get out on this ride and get some dirty time in by myself and learn.
Hope to ride with you next month if you're out there!
