• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Man, what a day! It was rainy and windy on my way from Pacifica to Cordbux. I arrived VERY ready for some hot, mediocre coffee and some breakfast.

IKnTZd.jpg


zt2YOI.jpg


The sun came out right as we met up with the others.

UY87Sf.jpg


Some other random shots throughout the day. The mud was slippery and stuck in tread blocks like crazy.

6fgOIa.jpg


7csavr.jpg


iDSbDl.jpg


The beast of the day award goes to Craig, who managed to get his big KLR with trail tires through the whole ride, with minimal issues. :hail

21tHGn.jpg


mZCYII.jpg


kNw1NZ.jpg


PKoNlL.jpg


bBA6CV.jpg


ObuRGD.jpg


wPvB9g.jpg
 
Last edited:
I snapped a few. What a fun ride. As I drifted off in front of the television I kept having this sensation that I was sliding as if I were still in that snotty clay/mud stuff.




Look at all the mud packed on the wheels!



 
Looks like a great ride! Sorry I missed it, but I had a great weekend snowboarding with my son in Tahoe.

That stuff is both sticky and slippery as snot. Quite a challenge to stay upright and on the trail, yes? Did you take Reiff road back out again? How about the loop through Knoxville?
 
Looks like a great ride! Sorry I missed it, but I had a great weekend snowboarding with my son in Tahoe.

That stuff is both sticky and slippery as snot. Quite a challenge to stay upright and on the trail, yes? Did you take Reiff road back out again? How about the loop through Knoxville?

Can't wait to go snowboarding this year!

We took the Knoxville loop and then Reiff out and back. Because it was getting late we didn't take the Knoxville loop on the way back.
 
Looks like a great ride! Sorry I missed it, but I had a great weekend snowboarding with my son in Tahoe.

That stuff is both sticky and slippery as snot. Quite a challenge to stay upright and on the trail, yes? Did you take Reiff road back out again? How about the loop through Knoxville?

Staying upright was a challenge for sure. It's such a windy road that it was hard to get enough speed to clear the front tire. The rear would clear by blipping the throttle but my front tire stayed caked until I hit a long enough straight. Lots of fun though. We need to do this again soon.
 
Last edited:
Bad asses! Loved the pic of Cabrito trying to scrape mud off the bike in the background. LOL I'll be sure to come out and play in the mud next time!
 
I thought it was pretty nice looking in black, but it looks amazing now.

When you see it in person, up close and personal, you will change your tune. At best, it's a twenty footer. :laughing

I love the way it looks, dents, scratches, missing paint, and all. :thumbup
 
Oh man, those pictures kill me, looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I'm jealous...

I got caught in a big storm out there solo before and that dirt can get soooo slick. Pulling that off on a big bike is heroic! My previous mini ride report earlier in this thread:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8493859#post8493859

Love the blue color Aaron! How is the 690 holding up?
 
Hah! Thanks, Mark. Yeah, it was REALLY slick. The first patch of that clay mud we hit, I thought I had a flat. I stopped, got off the bike and checked out the rear. It was a great day to be out there, as it was considerably more challenging than normal. Craig is a beast on that big KLR. :hail

The 690 is doing great. I did make the mistake of power washing it on Sunday evening (I know, I know, never power wash a bike) and was unable to get it to start afterwards. I cranked long enough to drop my old-ish and undersized lithium ion battery far enough down that it couldn't recover. Oh well, good excuse to upgrade to a stronger battery before Baja :banana
 
Hey guys:

Check your fork boots. I removed mine and they were PACKED with mud even after I cleaned the bike thoroughly. :thumbup
 
Rode Reiff/Rayhouse/Rd40 yesterday. A little shallow mud here and there, but no standing water. Been a few rock slides so an occasional good sized rock or small boulder in the road. Other than that it's in good shape and an easy cruise.
 
Hey guys, might be a newb question, but is this ride going down Sunday 1/10/2016??
It's supposed to be sunny!!!
-Misha
 
Back
Top