• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

More pics from today's ride. Thanks Drew for organizing, leading and sweeping today's ride (yup, he did it all).:thumbup
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0259_183.jpg
    DSCN0259_183.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0260_184.jpg
    DSCN0260_184.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0263_187.jpg
    DSCN0263_187.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0264_188.jpg
    DSCN0264_188.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0265_189.jpg
    DSCN0265_189.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 122
A few more pic's that don't really capture the "real moments" of ADV riding. :laughing
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0267_191.jpg
    DSCN0267_191.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0266_190.jpg
    DSCN0266_190.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0262_186.jpg
    DSCN0262_186.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0261_185.jpg
    DSCN0261_185.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 127
Great pics. I didn't get too many, but here are the few decent ones I got:

Hanging out enjoying the view. By the way, you haul ass on that 990 Adventure! Very cool to watch.
2012-06-10_11-51-20_150.jpg


A couple of shots of my trusty new steed at the creek:
2012-06-10_13-05-26_879.jpg

2012-06-10_13-05-47_457.jpg


On the way back to the pavement, where the nice graded road is just about to meet up with the slab, I came across this little guy.
2012-06-10_14-10-55_980.jpg


Quick visual inspection. Yup, just a harmless gopher snake.
2012-06-10_14-11-13_9.jpg


I decided to get him out of the road so Drew wouldn't rip him to shreds with that DR250. While holding him I figured I would plop him down on the backpack for a quick photo op. He was very cooperative!
2012-06-10_14-12-34_288.jpg

2012-06-10_14-12-44_286.jpg


I didn't get much vid, as I had a bit of a vibration issue. Shocker, right? I'll try to edit up what I have some time this week. I only got an 11 minute segment right at the start, which is a bummer as it doesn't have most of the really fun stuff. Next time.

Great riding with you all! See you next time.
 
Looks like you guys had a great ride Drew. How did you like the DR compared to your Tiger? I'm in for this next month, please keep me posted.
 
Thats a healthy looking gopher. I just don't like the noisy ones. Seen too many of them around the Folsom area.
 
Hey Guys-

Thanks for waiting up for me :) I had an awesome time. Definitely a step above what I've ever done in my dirt experience (now totalling a whole three times in the dirt).

Thanks, Drew for helping me pick my beast back up on that hill and for organizing such a great ride. Next time I'll block the whole day and have some food so I can do the return leg on dirt too...

And Greg, I had an awesome time at lunch. We'll have to try that place again on a future ride.

-Kyle
 
Last edited:
Yup, that's a sweet little bike. I wish I could get my KDX plated. That thing would make an awesome dualsport (except for the fact that I would have to schlep 2T oil around with me). As soon as I gain some proficiency in the dirt (and save up a bit) I will be looking for something like your DR. What a cool bike that thing is!
 
OK.....here's the last of my photos. We reached the end of the dirt road and crossed the ZERO weight limit bridge over Cache Creek. Drew and others were hanging out by the creek to see who was going to go back the way we came in. I figured that both me and my Tiger had taken enough of a beating for one day and headed for pavement. Kyle joined me and we grabbed some surprisingly good eats at the Road Trip Bar & Grill in Esparto(?).

After it was all said and done, when I got up that morning, I felt like I was 18 .....and then went to bed feeling more like I was 80.....:laughing

Oh, and just for good measure, I threw Gary Jaehne's book in my tank bag and had my own private moments with his spirit out there in the dusty trails of Knoxville OHV.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0275_201.jpg
    DSCN0275_201.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN0273_199.jpg
    DSCN0273_199.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0272_198.jpg
    DSCN0272_198.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0271_197.jpg
    DSCN0271_197.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0276_202.jpg
    DSCN0276_202.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0277_203.jpg
    DSCN0277_203.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0278_204.jpg
    DSCN0278_204.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0279_205.jpg
    DSCN0279_205.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN0280_206.jpg
    DSCN0280_206.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Great pics, Star Man. It was fun riding with you and I hope to see you out there again soon!
 
I am IN on the next one. July 8th right?
 
Great pics, Star Man. It was fun riding with you and I hope to see you out there again soon!

Thanks Bonerov. I'll be out again but hopefully on something more appropriate than my Tiger. Maybe then I can actually ride with you instead of eating your dust all day long.....:laughing
 
I'll be in on this one!
At least doing Option 1, if not Option 2.
What would option 2 entail? Take off to mendo at 0 ton bridge, camp Sunday night and then head back down Monday? Or would it be up and back in a day?
I am mulling over doing an undertheoaks'esque trip(or some other dirty route) on Saturday with Knoxville being the final camping stop, then carry on as usual with option 1.
Thoughts?
 
A photo of 103Moto on "bikini lookout" patrol at the ZERO ton bridge at Cache Creek. :thumbup:party
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0274_200.jpg
    DSCN0274_200.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 165
Great write up and photos 103 Moto, you are a true adventure rider. I can only wish to be as adventurish as you. Hope to see you on future rides.
:thumbup
 
Cameron, it was great to meet you this past weekend. That's a sweet little KLX you've got, and I love that you are out tackling these kinds of routes after riding for less than a year. I see great adventures in your future! Mind if we live vicariously through you for some of them?
 
Well thanks guys, and it was cool meeting you too, Aaron.

I've started recording my rides a little more so I can do ride reports, and at some point I might get a trip report together for the 3.5 day thing I just did around the Bay Area... I'm mot exactly sure where I'd post it though, as it was a done on a motard, and was a mix of camping, touring, ADV, and two classes. General I guess? :dunno

I would love to check it out. The best spot, assuming it has lots of pics, would be in the Moto Photos and Video section. Hope to see you again when you're back out on the road!
 
It's about time to start posting about the July trip, right? Looks like it's the 8th of July. I'm in for sure. Who else is coming? Drew, I won't be able to go Saturday this time around, so I might just ride the wee-strom this time. It might be kind of fun to do the trip on the wee-strom to remind myself just how easy I had it on that little KDX. :rofl:wow
 
My wife actually tried to book something on the 8th and asked me what the knoxville ride was I had put on our calendar and I said. Hey Hey HEY! don't even think about booking something on the 8th woman! After an awkward moment of silence I said, unless you really need to honey:rofl

thankfully, I am still IN :thumbup
 
Back
Top