• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

:(

I'm still in, as long as at least one person is still going. Wifey gets nervous if I'm out in this weather solo.
Obviously you ain't been married long 'nuff; mah wife/sister pushes me out the door!
Her; "Hey banjo, it's a great day fer a ride!"
Me; "Butt baby, it's pouring rain out thar, 'n all the roads iz fooded." :laughing
I'd like ta go with ya Aaron, butt I couldn't find any 3.5, 'n 5.5 X 17 knobbies fer the dirt bike. It's a dirt bike notta mud bike! :p
 
:laughing
It's probably for the best if I don't go. My rear knobby is almost completely worn out. If someone chimes in by 7:20 or so and still wants to ride, I'm in. Anyone? Buehler?
 
My pig will like to play in the mud. I won't like to pick it up constantly.
 
:laughing
It's probably for the best if I don't go. My rear knobby is almost completely worn out. If someone chimes in by 7:20 or so and still wants to ride, I'm in. Anyone? Buehler?
Chew know, I wuz just think'in; them creek/river cross'ins will be treacherous now too. Hell you may not even make it ta da mud!
 
I would have been fine on the KTM, but am also fine with my decision to stay home and remain dry. :laughing

Next time....
 
:laughing
It's probably for the best if I don't go. My rear knobby is almost completely worn out. If someone chimes in by 7:20 or so and still wants to ride, I'm in. Anyone? Buehler?

Just saw this. Sorry for the late reply.

I just got back from a short run at 7AM to see if I'm in the mood - I'm not. Palada's wet knobby comment is a good one. My worn-out K60 feels pretty squirrely this morning. (I know, I know; that's half the fun).

I just don't feel like being cold and stiff all day, but that's probably just the hangover talking.
 
I have been watching your messages and have wanting to go but have no gear to keep me dry. If I don't leave town next weekend I'm going to try to head out for a ride. The 7 day forecast shows slight chance of rain next weekend.
 
Got bored and decided to take a last minute ride just to see how much water might now be in the Knoxville Rd water crossings, to my surprise... still nothing. Just damp... no running water. :(
 
Got bored and decided to take a last minute ride just to see how much water might now be in the Knoxville Rd water crossings, to my surprise... still nothing. Just damp... no running water. :(

Dammit!
 
Rode this route today - water crossings still damp, no running water. Though I did manage to find a mudhole and got my feet soked by the spray.

My KLR with anakee 3s (95% street tire) seemed to do just fine. Then again, i've never ridden a proper dirt bike on knobbies, so I have nothign to compare it to, lol
 
Rode this route today - water crossings still damp, no running water. Though I did manage to find a mudhole and got my feet soked by the spray.

My KLR with anakee 3s (95% street tire) seemed to do just fine. Then again, i've never ridden a proper dirt bike on knobbies, so I have nothign to compare it to, lol

Hey Vlad, nice riding with you guys today. You did awesome with the street tires! We'll have to do it again sometime, maybe on one of the second Sunday group rides. We lucked out with the perfect weather, dirt was awesome... dried up just enough, no dust. :ride
 
me and some friends plan on riding out here for the first time Saturday we are experience dirt bike riders this will be the first time on our supermotos and me on a buell ulysses and advice on the best route?
 
Planning/thinking about going to Stonyford or Middle Creek pending conditions and if anyone else game. Thinking about doing simple stonyford – Middle Creek ride or vica versa.

How about it what type conditions this week sat –sun 22 – 23? u game? Any other ride suggestions

I’m a intermediate rider maybe
 
80-20 Battle Axes? You mean Battle Wing?

1 supermoto has battlax tires, 1 on battle wing tires, 1 has avon distanzia tires, 1 is on a cut pirelli race tire, and the Ulysses is on a avon distanzia tire.

any one have a decent Google maps route to follow any things we should not miss? we plan on going to Knoxville ohv for awhile and try some more hard core riding. we are going blind but up for a adventure and challenge we know our tires will limit us but we are ok with that and looking forward to a challenge if we can find the right areas
 
1 supermoto has battlax tires, 1 on battle wing tires, 1 has avon distanzia tires, 1 is on a cut pirelli race tire, and the Ulysses is on a avon distanzia tire.

any one have a decent Google maps route to follow any things we should not miss? we plan on going to Knoxville ohv for awhile and try some more hard core riding. we are going blind but up for a adventure and challenge we know our tires will limit us but we are ok with that and looking forward to a challenge if we can find the right areas

I did the whole Knoxville Rd/Rayhouse on street tires. No big deal, however, knobbies would have made life a little easier.
 
is there a more difficult route? easy single track? i dont want to stick to only fire roads

Once you get up to Knoxville OHV area theres plenty of single track to explore but be forewarned rocky steep area ! Rayhouse Rd has a couple options halfway thru both dead end but are fun and great views, they are fire rds but not well maintained so go fast and they seem like single track.:rofl
 
they are fire rds but not well maintained so go fast and they seem like single track.:rofl

I can vouch for this. At the speeds El Sid goes it does look like single track.

I plan to do this next month second Sunday pending conditions, kids, family, honeydoos, my back, ... well you get the picture. Anyone else?
 
Back
Top