Lunch Box
Useful idiot
Looking forward to next months ride. Where was that road construction at? Looks fun.
+1
I hope the gate is closed, too. So much more fun to go around it

Looking forward to next months ride. Where was that road construction at? Looks fun.

Where was that road construction at? Looks fun.
Both the gates for 40 and 41 were open Sunday but will likely be closed next ride. No riding around the 41 gate so that pretty much closes that route from the west side.
Saw this in the Vacaville Reporter about the Knoxville area. Could be good, could be bad.
http://www.thereporter.com/Opinion/...68/OHVs-in-the-Berryessa-Snow-Mountain-region
Hope this link works.
Hopefully a very good thing. If you're not already familiar with them, BRC does great advocacy work on behalf of OHV users.
https://www.sharetrails.org/
Standing in that kiva I couldn't help but think this would be a great overnight spot for riders who want to use the surrounding area to ride in. Such a waste to see that building go unused, especially with so much potential for outdoor activities in the immediate area.
My buddy and I did the knoxville blm part of this route yesterday from south to north. That jeep trail was a blast. We got to the north camp and the exit road was totally blocked with construction. We tried to find another route out, got lost a bit on some gnarly black-diamond type stuff, and just headed back to the devils head entrance. Did we miss a turn somewhere, or is the north access closed for now? Fwiw the blm map is bloody useless.
I did some exploring on the southern section and rode some "puddles" with water washing over the top of my windscreen...dunno how it ends up way the hell up there... Did lots of slipping and sliding around but managed to keep her from taking a nap in the mud. I also tried to ride Reiff road but decided not to tear up their road after the road closure sign... I may or may not have gone past it a bit... Anyway, the clay and mud was so thick out there that my front fender was sticking to the tire and trying to rip itself and my brake lines right off the bike...oh yeah it also locked up the front tire in the mud going down the hill. That was an eye opener; thankfully I wasn't going fast. After a little
and unbolting the fender in the middle of the muddy road I may or may not have been on, I was able to continue on. I think a high mount fender and legit knobbies will be in order for future winter rides. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with the big girls performance out there in some pretty sketchy conditions! Next time I need to get someone else out there with me so we can explore some of the areas that seem way too idiotic to take that bike alone Yo, I was the idiot out there yesterday on the 990 with the shit eating grin going the other direction.I did some exploring on the southern section and rode some "puddles" with water washing over the top of my windscreen...dunno how it ends up way the hell up there... Did lots of slipping and sliding around but managed to keep her from taking a nap in the mud. I also tried to ride Reiff road but decided not to tear up their road after the road closure sign... I may or may not have gone past it a bit... Anyway, the clay and mud was so thick out there that my front fender was sticking to the tire and trying to rip itself and my brake lines right off the bike...oh yeah it also locked up the front tire in the mud going down the hill. That was an eye opener; thankfully I wasn't going fast. After a little
and unbolting the fender in the middle of the muddy road I may or may not have been on, I was able to continue on. I think a high mount fender and legit knobbies will be in order for future winter rides. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with the big girls performance out there in some pretty sketchy conditions! Next time I need to get someone else out there with me so we can explore some of the areas that seem way too idiotic to take that bike alone
![]()
Yo, I was the idiot out there yesterday on the 990 with the shit eating grin going the other direction.I did some exploring on the southern section and rode some "puddles" with water washing over the top of my windscreen...dunno how it ends up way the hell up there... Did lots of slipping and sliding around but managed to keep her from taking a nap in the mud. I also tried to ride Reiff road but decided not to tear up their road after the road closure sign... I may or may not have gone past it a bit... Anyway, the clay and mud was so thick out there that my front fender was sticking to the tire and trying to rip itself and my brake lines right off the bike...oh yeah it also locked up the front tire in the mud going down the hill. That was an eye opener; thankfully I wasn't going fast. After a little
and unbolting the fender in the middle of the muddy road I may or may not have been on, I was able to continue on. I think a high mount fender and legit knobbies will be in order for future winter rides. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with the big girls performance out there in some pretty sketchy conditions! Next time I need to get someone else out there with me so we can explore some of the areas that seem way too idiotic to take that bike alone
![]()
Is anyone planning on going on Sunday? If the weather isn't too bad and I don't have to work Sunday night. I'm going...