• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Anyone going? If I go, then we can meet up at 121 & 128. If it's not raining, then i'll go.
Around 09:30.

I only have the morning free so I am sticking closer to home...I might hit up the Doc Wong clinic.
 
Decided to go ride up in the foothills with some of the Sacramento guys that ride supermoto...will post a video soon, but if anyone of you get sick of the Knoxville route there are some awesome roads up near Foresthill for some DS riding...
 
Went up to lower lake on my supermoto and hit reiff and knoxville on the way back. The gate's closed on reiff but 5 of us went around it with no problem...xr650, te310, klx250, sm610 and my berg. We took it as far as the 4 way intersection up on the ridge and it seems a little worse than normal as far as washouts/erosion from the recent rains but there were only 2 or 3 small wet spots and nothing super muddy. They finished the concrete bridge at the north entrance to Knoxville and we took it all the way to the south staging area and then to the waterfall. The only mud there was down in the southern staging area and on the waterfall trail. The main jeep trail running through knoxville was in great shape.
 
Also, 4 or 5 of the low-water bridges have a couple inches of water flowing across them right now. The perfect amount to ride through without it feeling sketchy!
 
Went up to lower lake on my supermoto and hit reiff and knoxville on the way back. The gate's closed on reiff but 5 of us went around it with no problem...xr650, te310, klx250, sm610 and my berg. We took it as far as the 4 way intersection up on the ridge and it seems a little worse than normal as far as washouts/erosion from the recent rains but there were only 2 or 3 small wet spots and nothing super muddy. They finished the concrete bridge at the north entrance to Knoxville and we took it all the way to the south staging area and then to the waterfall. The only mud there was down in the southern staging area and on the waterfall trail. The main jeep trail running through knoxville was in great shape.

Right on. Yeah, it is VERY easy to bypass the gate, even on a big bike. I'm bummed that you didn't go past the 4-way intersection, as that's where that road starts to get fun. Next time....
 
Yeah I've taken it all the way to Hwy 16 before but I was only going up there to be able to report on the conditions. My buddy really wanted to check out the waterfall at Knoxville and we were losing daylight so the 4-way was the end of the line. We still ended up making it back to Vacaville after dark and partially frozen! Lol.
 
is this happening coming sunday? looking forward to it. I have stock street tires on my KTM. will that work?
 
It should be happening this weekend. I will be at the Pakistan event in Milpitas, though.
 
The waterfall isn't off reif rd, it's in the Knoxville OHV area on the west side of Knoxville Berryessa road:

57ee11fe270d44c2b90e58573f954d6b.jpg


You have to cross 2 small creeks to get to the waterfall...this is the first one...you go from the far left across to where the rider is:
a13078f29cd84da49f633cb74dffee82.jpg


If you select the right line it's easily done on 17" street tires but pick the wrong line and it can get a little dicey. Riderplanet shows the location on their trail map: http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_04327/map_4980.htm
 
The waterfall is pretty neat. I remember riding up there a few years back with a fellow who had a super high-strung KTM 550 smoker. He stalled it crossing the stream and spent the next 20 minutes damn near dying of a heart attack while trying to kickstart the bike. :laughing

I should not that this is after the inital 30+ minutes we spent getting it started earlier that day, which involved me towing him up the hill on the main road a couple of times so he could repeatedly try to bump start the thing. When it was running, that bike was SCARY fast. I think he said that it had roughly 75 horsies at the wheel. :wtf
 
Back
Top