• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Your Duke will do fine!

Video from today

[youtube]kkDJoGjKiwA[/youtube]
 
:cool:rideSo is anyone going? ill be at the putah creek bridge by 9:30 if no body goes by after around 10 10:30 ill head up to the south entrance of knoxville and wait there for a bit to see if anyone shows up
 
has anybody ever gone swimming in the lake at the dam on reiff rd?? i didnt see any signs saying its unsafe.. but thought id ask you guys
 
has anybody ever gone swimming in the lake at the dam on reiff rd?? i didnt see any signs saying its unsafe.. but thought id ask you guys

That's Davis Creek Reservoir owned by Homestead Mining. I think I saw a sign there that says no fishing or swimming.

I was there yesterday but didn't see anyone else. Knoxville was all but empty and I only saw one rider and a couple of quad riders with their girlfriends coming down when I was on Rayhouse coming up from the reservoir. Lotta big rocks tumbled onto Rieff - the downhill to the reservoir was no worse then I've ever seen it; there was only one downed tree and a couple of partial wash-outs. (edited for accuracy)
 

Attachments

  • Reiff3.jpg
    Reiff3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
That's Davis Creek Reservoir owned by Homestead Mining. I think I saw a sign there that says no fishing or swimming.

I was there yesterday but didn't see anyone else. Knoxville was all but empty and I only saw one rider and a couple of quad riders with their girlfriends coming down when I was on Rayhouse coming up from the reservoir. Lotta big rocks tumbled onto Rieff - the downhill to the reservoir was no worse then I've ever seen it; there was only one downed tree and a couple of partial wash-outs.

Was the gate open?
 
It's all about risk and reward. :thumbup And yes, I did stall it, twice. :nchantr
 
Swim as you like

It is important to understand that the water itself does not represent a hazard. Only when the mercury is concentrated many, many orders of magnitude (as in the tissues of large predatory fish) does it become a health concern.

Reading the whole report you will find the above info. Mercury poisoning would only occur in humans after eating many pounds of top-of-the-food-chain fish.

Swimming should not be hazardous.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top