• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I bet that you could, John. Not the uphill side, but the downhill side is pretty easy.
 
I bet that you could, John. Not the uphill side, but the downhill side is pretty easy.

I agree with LB. If you haven't been up there for a few years the trail around the gate is huge now.
 
Buddy and I are going to Knoxville tomorrow. We may swing by and see if gate is open or not.
 
I bet that you could, John. Not the uphill side, but the downhill side is pretty easy.

I agree with LB. If you haven't been up there for a few years the trail around the gate is huge now.

I'll be trying to ride through on May 18th ...
I think the downhill path
just looks different when
you're by yourself on a KLR with
60 lbs of camping gear strapped to it! :laughing:party
 
:laughing
Last time I was there solo, I bumped into a couple of guys on GSs. I rode theirs through on the downhill side, then rode my 690 over the high side of the gate. That was the last time I saw those two guys. :laughing
 
:laughing
Last time I was there solo, I bumped into a couple of guys on GSs. I rode theirs through on the downhill side, then rode my 690 over the high side of the gate. That was the last time I saw those two guys. :laughing

You mean they're still there trying to get around the gate? :laughing
 
:laughing
Last time I was there solo, I bumped into a couple of guys on GSs. I rode theirs through on the downhill side, then rode my 690 over the high side of the gate. That was the last time I saw those two guys. :laughing

And there you have it, it's all about the rider! :thumbup:ride

I'd have made myself scarce, too, after seeing
you ride your 690 over the high side! :laughing

KTM=Kan't Take Me on your KTM ride ...
always sorry trying to follow my orange friends ... :rofl
 
Last edited:
I made it around that gate and my off road skills are minimal. That being said, an open gate would be preferred for me.
 
You mean they're still there trying to get around the gate? :laughing

I got to the "zero ton" bridge and turned around. I kept expecting to see them but I think they must have gotten to one of the semi-technical spots (?) and turned around. I wonder how long it took them to get their bikes around the gate. :laughing

And there you have it, it's all about the rider! :thumbup:ride

I'd have made myself scarce, too, after seeing
you ride your 690 over the high side! :laughing

KTM=Kan't Take Me on your KTM ride ...
always sorry trying to follow my orange friends ... :rofl

Pfff, I'm really not that great of a dirt rider. That's why I ride the cheater bike. My Baja boys on their XR650s...those guys are real riders. Also, you would smoke me right now on my 690, since I haven't made time to address my blown up motor. :laughing (I suspect that you would smoke me even if my bike were operational, but that's a different issue).
 
I'll be trying to ride through on May 18th ...
I think the downhill path
just looks different when
you're by yourself on a KLR with
60 lbs of camping gear strapped to it! :laughing:party

I remember looking down and feeling a little uneasy taking the lower path around. It wasn't hard but the punishment for getting wrong seemed to be a pretty steep ride down a rocky cliff.
:laughing
 
I remember looking down and feeling a little uneasy taking the lower path around. It wasn't hard but the punishment for getting wrong seemed to be a pretty steep ride down a rocky cliff.
:laughing

That's what I'M talking about!
My dirt-bike-racing buddies
call
that
"exposure!" :laughing

Pfff, I'm really not that great of a dirt rider.

Ha, we all know every KTM guy is a motorcycle hero!
I'd just hurt myself on a "cheater" bike ... :thumbup:party
... and I hear that KTM mechanical woes
simply build character ... :ride

see you around the
campfire, :teeth
-- SFMCjohn
 
John, I think all that means is that you are smart enough to avoid excessive exposure, and I'm simply not that bright. Fair point.
 
Hey Aaron,

I think it means I need a KDX200, woot! :thumbup:laughing

see you in Fouts Springs
(unless it rains), :party
-- John A
 
:thumbup
See you soon, sir. I'll have a keg or two of tasty homebrew with me, too. :)
 
Here are a few pic's from my ride today. Notice that I have removed all stickers and reflectors.















 
Can this ride be done on a 1190 Adventure with a passenger?

I have witnessed it done with a 1190 ADV, not with a passenger. "Can" is a wishy washy term. It can be done, easily. I am not sure how much fun the passenger would have especially on the bumpy bits on the way to Cache Creek.
 
It absolutely can. I've done it on a strom and I weigh as much as two people :laughing
I've also seen people do it two up on a strom (was a 1000, not a 650 like mine). An 1190 Adv is considerably more dirt capable than a strom, so I don't see where there would be an issue. :dunno
 
Anniversary weekend, so probably not. I'll see what I can do, though.
 
Back
Top