• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Yeah that's him I think, much respect. His friend came out on an Enfield Bullet too, pretty crazy. We had a funny group of bikes.
 
Insanely Hot!

Sounds like the short trail up to the swimming hole, but I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. Hopefully, someone will enlighten us soon.

It was a HOT HOT day. I will never complain about SF weather now :teeth. four of us started from the poser station and by the time we reached the devilhead. we were sweating , so I suggested taking a dip in the water ( bad idea) :rolleyes things went south from there. We spent too much energy in getting the big bikes across, Kudos to DL650( Jim?) and Enfield guy(Harsh ) for getting dirty and finish the ride with flying colors being first time on dirt. overall it was a great ride, just not the right weather.

Here are some pics:

At devilhead, as you can see wrong gear for the day :)
LsfD0Tt.jpg


First crash of the day, That enfield almost went into that ditch
LMr5twf.jpg


Bikes lined up for crossing
GuGbRzU.jpg


Doing some risk assessment, You sure this is the right way? :p
nE0aNZE.jpg


Gear had to come off many times
3k5t5oe.jpg


Finally off the street tires :D, feels like home
8PFPorR.jpg


Turning back after another crash
z4iJ5xi.jpg


On the last stretch
aDKMIqR.jpg


Met this laziest dog at the sports bar before we split for Hwy 29, what a life
8mwBInJ.jpg


Will upload the video for crossing later, no pics
 
Last edited:
Anyone going?
I'm changing front sprocket to 14T this week and trying to get my ballistic battery up to full charge. If everything plays right, I'm there.
 
There is a small chance that I will be able to make it. Fingers crossed.
 
:laughing
Dr. Roman in the house! Wow, thinking about it for a moment, that is pretty scary. :rofl

Also: checked with the wifey and it looks like I'm in for the ride. :)
 
Sweet. Just don't forget to stop once in a while so I can catch up. ;)
 
Sweet. Just don't forget to stop once in a while so I can catch up. ;)

If my streak of bad dirt riding continues I will probably crash anyway. :|


Edit: Crap. Wifey just remembered that we have plans on Sunday. Museum, followed by an early dinner at SPQR. Looks like next month will have to work. Ugh....
 
Last edited:
I'm on the fence... Might be going to Hollister.

It's going to be really hot out around Knoxville this weekend.
 
Back
Top