The BARF ADV thread with the Highest number of views!
This thread has achieved the status of the BARF Adventure Riding thread receiving the
highest number of views. The status was reached in 8-months

arty Thanks all y'all
Special Thanks to StromRider for his post that motivated us to set up this ride:
Hello all BARFers, I need your advise.
Now that I have arrived at SF and the bay-area I am learning that there is so much nature and I am starting to think about switching from sport-bikes to dual-sport bikes, so I can enjoy both worlds
Any recommendations ?
Thanks to undertheoaks for discovering and planning all the routes:
I will be starting in Cordelia meeting at the Starbucks there by the freeway, I will get the actual address and let you know. Heading out to Susuin Valley Rd to Lake Berreyessa/Knoxville Rd. Then on to Knoxville BLM OHV area and explore a little I've been there a few times but rode my dirt bike and off road only. Then after we get tired of dirt head back out to Knoxville rd that turns into Morgan Valley Rd then back down to Calistoga HWY 29 back home maybe lunch in Calistoga or St Helena ?
Possibly new route after Knoxville OHV then on to Lower Lake to refuel/lunch then back on Morgan Valley Rd to RD 40/Rayhouse Rd to HWY 16 then down past Cach Creek and back to HWY 505 then home a lot more dirt this way !!
Thanks to:
Just_Paul AKA Drgnkne and the
Bay Area Adventure Riders Club on ADVrider
;
SFMCjohn and the
San Francisco Motorcycle Club ;
Stiffler and the
Gold Country Dual Sport Riders ;
junglejim and the
Hayward Motorcycle Club;
Doc Wong Riding Clinics ;
Special kudos for pushing the envelope and submitting 'proof of life' pics and vids to: olhogrider (Bonneville w/ windshield, saddlebags, and ME33s)

, Energizer26 (V-Strom with passenger in the slick)

, Blue-8 (DR650), Mr. Junior (KLR650), Excite-Bike (DRZ400 w/ saddlebags)

, Moto_103 (KLX250SM)

, jimboFosho (KLX650 and DRZ400 with massive fuel can)

, Star_Man (F650 with mags substituted for a KLR250)

; Banjoboy (FZ6 dirt bike)

, DukeD & the 17" sumo crowd

, and Bonerov (KDX200 unplated smoker)
You guys own this ride!
and to every rider that joined us on this monthly event.
See you at
9AM on Sunday, October 14th.