• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Cricket....cricket.....

Went to the Corners at about 9:50 this morning. Nobody there

That's cause it's the SECOND Sunday of the month.....usually.

That said, anyone going on Father's Day. We should all get to do whateverthehell we want on that day so no whining.
 
That's cause it's the SECOND Sunday of the month.....usually.

That said, anyone going on Father's Day. We should all get to do whateverthehell we want on that day so no whining.
That was the second Sunday...:laughing

I'm going to Stonyford on Saturday.
 
Good Grief !!!

This is the third month in a row that I've twisted the dates around.

What was that alzheimer's test again???


Apologies (but at least I'm entertaining)

I could nuke the post but it's more fun to leave it. Maybe I'll do a different ride on Father's Day.
 
Awww...now you're just pickin on the slow old guy :afm199


Got that shop queen fixed yet??
 
Last edited:
:laughing

The shop queen carried me on 700+ miles of twisties, highway, and dirt on last weekend's Quincy Rally. Seems like I have it sorted out. :party
 
I purchased replacement rocker arms and bearing, but have not yet installed them. Those are a known weakness on the pre-2012 690, so I will replace them next time I check the valves.

The issue was actually clutch related. Somehow, one of the friction plates had become warped pretty severely. This apparently caused the friction plates to wear VERY quickly. Consequently, there was a bunch of debris in the oil. The debris clogged things up enough that the oil pump would intermittently struggle. The timing is aided by oil pressure, so it would get out of whack when the pump was struggling.

Even after I replaced the clutch pack (and changed the oil/filters), the issue came back. I believe that it was due to residual debris still in the engine. I ran a couple of rounds of cheaper oil through just long enough to warm up and drain. Replaced the filters again and filled with the expensive stuff. So far, it seems to be running like a champ. Whew....
 
The chain still controls it, but without sufficient oil pressure, things get wonky.
 
I would be up for a ride tomorrow...i will be on 17" street tires but I have done this ride before on those tires as long as the gate is open,
 
We did 120miles Stonyford-Middle Creek and back on Saturday. Sorry Chad, forgot to call you. There were three of us on Honda 450x's with 3.2 tanks (probably could have made it) stopped and fueled up in Nice then back to Stonyford. Had a great time. Met up with three guy's (Brothers) two on KTM 990's and one KLR650 at the top of a ridge overlooking Clear Lake. Hopefully they made it home safe, they were kind of lost and I may have gotten them even farther off course...
 
That includes the pavement stretches. The dirt portion is actually fairly short. Regardless, it's a fun ride. The road gets nice and goaty as you approach the OHV entrance. :thumbup
 
Oh ok...I was trying to figure out what you meant about the road getting goaty and the amount of dirt on his 120 mile stony/middle creek trip.


Or did you think I was asking about the Knoxville ride?
 
Last edited:
I was smoking crack. The normal ride around which this thread is based is about 120 miles. I failed at basic reading comprehension and thought you were asking about the make-up of this ride. Derp.

_c367580_image_0.gif
 
Back
Top