Manic
New member
- Joined
- Aug 25, 2008
- Location
- Citrus Heights, CA
- Moto(s)
- 2022 Yamaha MT10SP
2016 Yamaha WR450F (plated) 2021 Husqvarna TE300TPI
2018 Yamaha R1
2020 BMW R1
- Name
- Dan
Think I'll take a ride up there today
Think I'll take a ride up there today![]()

Yes! I don't think anything will ever top that!
Mother's Day weekend messed the timing up for me on this one, but I plan to catch the next group ride.
It was nice to see the gate open on my way through to the top of the Mendocino National Forest last Monday. It would have been even better if the gate at M1 in Covelo was open...grrrr.
Don't expect it to be as challenging as our ride up at Sonora Pass, Dan!
![]()
![]()
WoodsChick
Nice ride yesterday people.
Still green and wildflowers are out everywhere. The Buckeye trees on the slope on the climb up the the crossroads were already done blossoming (so it's gonna be a dry year....duh).
The gate is open and the road surface is actually pretty nice with most ruts rounded off on the edges due to traffic.
CRYA did great although it is a bit distressing to hear the rocks pinging off 20K worth of carbon fibre and I'm not sure I'd want to handle 120 snarling HP up on these roads controlled with ride-by-wire and efi (gimme cables and carbs any day).
We did the first part of Knoxville, then rode up to the gate. He turned around to get back home and I continued on to Hwy 16, then Sand Creek and then I-5 home. A good day.
Ditch work and go on up there.
What is the Date?anybody want to do this the sunday after the quincy rally

anybody want to do this the sunday after the quincy rally