• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Think I'll take a ride up there today:thumbup
 
Think I'll take a ride up there today:thumbup


Don't expect it to be as challenging as our ride up at Sonora Pass, Dan! :laughing

IMG_0031.jpg


IMG_0051.jpg





WoodsChick
 
Past the gate was a bit more technical. Probably up another level of difficulty from what we rode together in the first section.

There's always one or two spots where I'm glad I have a 21 in front wheel.

For anyone going through there for the first time, I'd recommend not doing it alone unless you're experienced off-road.
 
Last edited:
CRYA and the Duc

Only photo from Saturday's ride.

He's too modest to post his so I'll embarass him a bit.

0510141201-00_zps369b2e5c.jpg
 
Mother's Day weekend messed the timing up for me on this one, but I plan to catch the next group ride.

It was nice to see the gate open on my way through to the top of the Mendocino National Forest last Monday. It would have been even better if the gate at M1 in Covelo was open...grrrr.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN8899.jpg
    DSCN8899.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 77
:laughingYes! I don't think anything will ever top that!
Mother's Day weekend messed the timing up for me on this one, but I plan to catch the next group ride.

It was nice to see the gate open on my way through to the top of the Mendocino National Forest last Monday. It would have been even better if the gate at M1 in Covelo was open...grrrr.

Don't expect it to be as challenging as our ride up at Sonora Pass, Dan! :laughing

IMG_0031.jpg


IMG_0051.jpg





WoodsChick
 
Nice ride yesterday people.

Still green and wildflowers are out everywhere. The Buckeye trees on the slope on the climb up the the crossroads were already done blossoming (so it's gonna be a dry year....duh).

The gate is open and the road surface is actually pretty nice with most ruts rounded off on the edges due to traffic.

CRYA did great although it is a bit distressing to hear the rocks pinging off 20K worth of carbon fibre and I'm not sure I'd want to handle 120 snarling HP up on these roads controlled with ride-by-wire and efi (gimme cables and carbs any day).

We did the first part of Knoxville, then rode up to the gate. He turned around to get back home and I continued on to Hwy 16, then Sand Creek and then I-5 home. A good day.

Ditch work and go on up there.

Did it last night with the wife! I'm glad I stopped to talk with you guys! I'd heard about the ride before and even tried to find it with my daughter once, but didn't have any luck.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1336.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 256
june 15th , just saying cause last month was mothers day and this month is the rally, and I have been waiting to do this ride
 
15th makes sense, since a lot of us will be in Quincy next weekend. That said, I am not 100% sure that I'll be able to make it to this on the 15th, so don't schedule anything around me. So many moto trips this year. Gotta keep the wifey happy and stay home now and then. :laughing
 
Sorry, i'm working on the 15th but might be able to go on the 14th (Saturday).
 
Went to the Corners at about 9:50 this morning. Nobody there but I was late so I missed people doing the ride. Continued on by myself. It was pretty warm by the time I reached Reiff Rd. (high 90s). IMG_1404.jpg
 
Continued on and enjoyed the ride! Even though it was hot, there was a good breeze that kept me relatively cool when I stopped:) IMG_1398.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 77
Continued to this junction and rode up & down it for aways. But figured since I was by my lonesome, it'd probably be better left for another day to explore with someone else. Anyone ever taken them to their termination points? Did find this nice little pond down the road a bitt.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 112
Continued on until I hit Hwy 16. Instead of heading to Cache Creek though, I went left and took 16 to 20. Nice roads! Love this sign! Sounds so noncommittal "Falling Material":teethIMG_1399.jpg
 
Back
Top