Yep, a real fun ride! Scraping the skid plate in the dirt and scraping the pegs on the road! Maybe I just need some of that stuff the KTMs have, suspension.
Dual sporters are a slightly different breed than the typical motorcyclist. Because there is more risk involved, there's also more reward in taking your street based m/c off-road. That tends to make ADV riders a little more passionate, interesting, independent and full of life. Start a conversation with one of them and you quickly realize they all have great stories to tell.



@ Excite-Bike: I hope you post photos of me siphoning fuel and getting a tow to the Casino!
@ veriobill : Sorry I let Matt have a taste of a CA Plated 2-stroke GasGas EnduroCross 300 with Trials tires
Saw a bit of Exotica out there: AfricaTwin, Triumph Scrambler in Olive Drab, G650X-Challenge, Beta 350 RR... tons of Katooms including an ISDE.
When I drove out in my car previously I got it to drift a bit through there, and this time on the bike I was sliding around those corners a bunch.

Rounding one of those corners to find an entire car coming toward me going sideways would NOT be a very pleasant experience.
The only car I've ever seen up there was broken down.
I'll be riding Rayhouse with a bit more caution in the future.
Most folks are out there having a bit of fun...2 wheels or four.Was it that silver or white newer model (possibly "King Ranch" edition and crew cab) Ford truck? When I got to the end and was chilling near Knoxville Road, that truck came by me at a speed that seemed a little excessive... Later a few people commented that it's driver had given them almost no room, running some of them off the road a bit, and IIRC, causing one rider to go down.
Either way, I agree with your point about factoring in the possibility of oncoming traffic. Whenever I ride I'll always factor that in and adjust my speed and position accordingly, particularly on goaty backroads with poor visibility (like the roads south of the far end of Skaggs), and even more so on dirt due to reduced traction. Sure, it maybe seems overly cautious for the majority of the time when there's nobody there, but it will save you from a lot of pain if somebody driving recklessly rounds the corner and takes up most of your lane. It's just another risk vs. reward balance, and for me, I decide to be more cautious. If you don't set your speed so you have enough time to detect and respond to any threat that might plausibly be coming your way around the corner, you're setting yourself up for trouble. Of course, you can still get caged despite being careful and skilled...