• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Believe it or not, my back is still giving me some issues. It is A LOT better than it was, but I am being very careful not to aggrevate it right now. If it feels good in time for the ride, I will likely go. Wish I could commit now.
 
Drew,

Is that more ds than adv? I this GS friendly terrain?? :)

Morten

Morten - We've had big bikes in both Frank Raines and Carnegie. Bump to Bixu, olhogrider, undertheoaks, and Titus58 for opinion..

A few big bikes do Cow Mountain Easy split during the Sheetiron. Bump to Chad in ADV Designs or undertheoaks for opinion.

Knoxville/Rayhouse Rd. is doable on big bikes. Bump to Star_Man and all those that have ridden the 2nd Sun ADV/Ride for opinion.


Not sure if we'll have multiple rides for flexibility. One option for Napa or Sears Pt. to Lakeport for Cow Mountain;

the other option from Livermore through Mines Rd. to Frank Raines;

or from Santa Jose via CA-130 (Mt. Hamilton/San Antonio Valley) to Frank Raines.

Maybe best that you ADV/DS riders coordinate a meet-up point with a buddy or group from South Bay or East Bay for Frank Raines; or SFO/Marin/Napa for Cow Mountain.


Dirt Bikes because basketball, football, soccer, baseball and golf only require one ball!

======================================

Photos from December 2012 ride:

Ha ha, yeah...I want to see the footage! I'm really surprised my fork seals are still intact. I think we put on a show for those young whippersnappers on their 250's.

Fun fun fun...
029.jpg


Today was really fun, great soil conditions...amazing really, traction was readily available, MX riding on 500lb bikes and some fun people to hang out with. :thumbup

Ooh...:mad
You are SO lucky I couldn't whip my camera out fast enough, Mister!
But admit it, Dean. You had a good time on that supermoto, didn't you?
Didn't you?


file_zps2b275dbc.jpg


file_zps8bdc975e.jpg


file_zpscfb4c34e.jpg


file_zps3ba2fe93.jpg


file_zpsb3df4f8f.jpg


file_zps86cc5262.jpg


file_zps0af14549.jpg


file_zps5af19ad4.jpg



Hey, look! I was there, too!
file_zps2d4f2b2a.jpg


file_zps19e703c0.jpg


file_zpsa7f54edc.jpg


file_zpsa396ac9d.jpg


More on the way...




WoodsChick

You should apologize for dumping it in front of Titus. You were supposed to dump it in front of me and my camera! :laughing You were rocking on that Husky, Kevin! I was like, "Yeah, dude's done this before...totally." Wish I'd gotten a far-away photo of your dump so that the others could see that it really was a cliff! That is some steep stuff back there. Had you gone off you'd have had to just bulldog it down and ride it out of the canyon. That would have put a serious dent in our available riding time, for sure :laughing
file_zpsd42f68e8.jpg



It was nice of you to drop your bike and help Titus pick his up after he dropped his to help you :laughing
[/IMG]




WoodsChick
 
Last edited:
Ooh, Mines road would be good enough reason to switch back to 17s. Never been into Frank's will 17s be ok with rain tires?
 
Ooh, Mines road would be good enough reason to switch back to 17s. Never been into Frank's will 17s be ok with rain tires?

If its dry no problem with 17's but the ride there...... you will love !! As far as the park goes, its pretty much up or down not much else but it is fun, kind of like a quarter size Carnagie but again the ride there on Mines Rd.........Sweet!!!!!:thumbup
 
Oh no, if you go I might have bring a bigger weapon but then it means no dirting it with El Sid :)
 
Yaaaa ... Seriously, Dean is it 2nd Sat of this month as well? I need a street legal bike right. Then i will start cleaning up the DRZ dirt wheels. What tires should i put on?

Oh no, if you go I might have bring a bigger weapon but then it means no dirting it with El Sid :)
 
Yaaaa ... Seriously, Dean is it 2nd Sat of this month as well? I need a street legal bike right. Then i will start cleaning up the DRZ dirt wheels. What tires should i put on?

2nd Sunday - so Feb 10th@ Frank Raines OHV.

To ride in the park you need a street licensed moto, OR a red/green stickered bike and meet their spark arrestor & noise requirements - check their website for all the details if its not plated.


T
 
Yup, 2nd Sunday of everyone month. Subscribe to this link since it updates every month for the current ride plan.

If Feb 10th is cold or wet Rain tires would be ideal for both Mines and Frank's Grange.

Are we planning on continuing on to Patterson to refuel? That's a great road as well.

Undertheoaks, what set up will you be running?

Abhijit, you should have seen Titus58 on the last Carnegie run, he did single track with his big V-strom 1000. Not only did he make it, I watched him pick that monster duelly up all by himself on an downhill slippery incline. Truly impressive.

Anybody know if there is a flat track at Frank's :)
 
Sorry to be dense, but is there a solid plan? Frank Raines this coming Sunday? How about rendezvous times and locations.
 
2/10 2nd Sun ADV/DS Ride to Frank Raines OHV

We'll expect the Rayhouse Rd. gate to reopen by May. For the plated dirt bikes, going around the Rayhouse gate isn't an issue; but the ADV bikes will find it difficult.

So due to recent interest and whining we've arranged an alternative venue this month for those that don't want to ride Berryessa/Knoxville:

February 10th

9AM at the 2nd Meetup point

Meetup at Peet's Coffee KSU @ 8AM
1835 Ygnacio Valley Road
Walnut Creek, CA 94598

31.7 miles to 2nd Meetup point
(Chevron fill up at the corner)

This is an informal ride. No lead or sweep. Riders navigate to meetup points.

Route http://goo.gl/maps/GDwqB to:

2nd Meetup point
Peet's Coffee @ 9AM
152 South Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550


Route: http://goo.gl/maps/A0JMO to Frank Raines OHV! ($5 Entry at Ranger Station)

Don't want to get dirty? Here's the Mt. Ham Loop: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/836/California/Mount-Hamilton-Loop.html

Fuel: Patterson (17 miles East from OHV Park)

Overnight Camping Option
Trail Map: http://www.stancounty.com/ER/PARKS/pdf/frank-raines-ohv-trail-map.pdf
1875934884_6ccc93b649.jpg
attachment.php



South Bay Riders:
Meetup at Starbucks, KSU @ 8:30AM
2707 McKee Road
San Jose, CA 95127


Mt. Hamilton to Mines Rd. to Frank Raines OHV. Link-up at Park entrance at 10AM. Route: http://goo.gl/maps/ubGFb

Mines%20Rd%20Map.tiff


Weather Forecast Rain 48 hrs. prior will cancel the event.

e10bbdd9b9c3428dbf611add0af8502d.jpg
 
Last edited:
There's our wagonmaster, will meet you guys in livermore. Will we continue on to Patterson for fuel after playing at Frank's?
 
There's our wagonmaster, will meet you guys in livermore. Will we continue on to Patterson for fuel after playing at Frank's?

I'm pretty sure I'll have to go to Patterson for fuel. Just getting to FR park from Livermore will require almost 1/2 a tank for me (an IMS tank is next on my farkle list).
 
Looking forward to this :ride - will meet you all @ Peets Livermore

Hopefully the weather front due in thurs is quick and weak as forecast...my understanding fr many is that the mud there, when they get it, is horrible :teeth:wtf

Trying to decide if I want to mount up my TKC knobby for the ride...:)

@DD - yes there is a flat track (two)

@palada, others - bring a siphon hose and I should have some gas to offer - my take holds 5.8gal, 210mile range. Having said that, if the ride to Paterson is fun, lets do that as well :teeth:thumbup


T
 
Got the pm flyer :thumbup
Jeez ... mud. scared ! I will be on the 17 rains. Dont leave me guys !

Deanio - Lets sync up over phone tomorrow :ride
 
I'll try and remember to bring a siphon as well, although kind of tired of riding with the saddle bags...I'm sure as soon as I leave my tubes & tools at home I'll need them. :)
 
Back
Top