More beautious rest stoppin' - like a resting BOSS
Was a nice surprise seeing ya Greg! Nice green machine too, woo-wooo!
After the park, when you calmly said your good-byes and returned to civilization, we headed off for the scrabbly, crunchity, great gritty unknown.
It's true there may have been a moment or two when I cursed myself for not joining you and easing into this at a more gentle pace. Yes, I admit that...but ya know, it all turned out just fine!
After scooting up the sweepers of Morgan Valley road a little more, we returned to the scrappier stuff, and turned onto Reiff Road on the right…it started out easy enough with lush grassy canyons and farm buildings and then a gentle rise on a dirt road, but as it climbed there were some slippery sections and I got myself stuck in a gully or two for a minute…skeeert myself when the back end hopped sideways a few times on loose rocks and ragdolled me around a bit but I managed to hang on and somehow the big girl righted herself…several times!…(WHEW…yes I said that lots this day) …there were lots of lessons to learn here.
Our pace was steady and determined tho and the terrain kept changing so a dull moment was not to be found anywhere, no where, nada!
This was more physical than street riding, that’s for sure, so taking some breaks to catch my breath, hydrate, catch the view, and make sure no more stuff fell off the bike (bungeeing a water bottle to your rack…nahhhh it won’t stay!).
We had some fussing with a locked gate, apparently put there to test our ADV-McGyvering skills. Hmmm we can go under this, over this, around this…teamwork got the job done.
Our reward was this beautiful vista alongside Davis Creek Reservoir.
Dam! That’s what we are parked on here, the road is basically on top of the berm of the dam. Gotta love your wildflowers.
Dayum! Paul’s sweet little 250 sure is sharp-looking, and nimble too… he out-danced most of us in the tricky stuff and made it look easy on this pretty thang. Yes, I imagine he was doing some graceful pirouettes or sultry samba moves after peeling away from us wrastling the rocks with our big honkers. And yeah, I think I’d rock that svelte blue cutie given the chance!
Doggone! Meanwhile, with my inseam-challenged legs and skimpy skill-set I was still finding my way around this tallish (well, to me!) loping giraffe of a bike. The assignment kept me rather entertained and oh so busy. Thanks Ray for the tire pointers...this seems to be a recurring theme to find myself on a dirt road with less-than-ideal tread. Seriously, I gotta work that out, but they worked quite satisfactorily in the rough and flew better than expected on the hiway too.
Team Knoxville ... intent on sumpin' up the road! Prolly that one more rider rounding the bend.
Another noob came rolling in! He's got jeans on in this shot, but somehow next time I looked over he is standing there with his pants rolled up (or was he in his shorts?) anywayzzzz, I glanced over and saw a coupla naked knees and I took the opportunity to put on my BARF cape for a moment and deliver the classic advice to gear up younster, we want to see those cute knees stay cute. Silly kids!