• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Last note...there may be just a tad more water in that creek right now than what the picture shows. Lol! Oh and a couple of the small pools above the waterfall has some decent size sheets of ice. I would say some were close to an 1/8" thick.


Aaron, that sounds miserable but I can relate. I stalled my 07 YZ450f in that creek the very first time I went to knoxville maybe a year or so ago..found out my boots aren't so waterproof...lol
 
I think I am going to head up this weekend and poke around. See what I can get into. I am going to trailer my bike to lake Berryessa and go from there. I don't know where to park though. can anyone give me any leads on where I can park my car and trailer for the day when I am out riding? Also does anyone want to join me?

I think maybe Hennessey boat launch will work. I am coming up from Novato.

I think this weekend is the weekend for the monthly Sunday ride. Who is going
 
Last edited:
I'm a definite maybe depending on some parts arriving before then. And I'd like to go check out the waterfall. Didn't have the balls to do it last time I was there solo and the whole place was a mud slick.
 
Last edited:
I am down too! Is there a meeting point? riding from SF

From the first post of this thread...

Meetup:
Starbucks
4470 Central Way Ste 100
Fairfield, CA 94534

KSU at 9:00am (Adjust clock for DST)

First checkpoint: intersection of CA-121 and CA-128 (Poser's AKA Crossroads: N 38 26.764 W 122 11.767) ~ 9:45AM (depending on how fast we strafe CA-121.)

Second checkpoint: South Entrance to Knoxville OHV on Devilshead Rd. off Morgan Valley Rd, (N 38 49.019 W 122 21.182) ~ 10:30AM if no one drowns in the several water crossings on the Northend of Lake Berryessa. Chance to empty bladder and suck in the fresh air... and for the posers to excuse themselves by staying on the slab to make Lower Lake for lunch.

Third checkpoint: Reiff Rd./Rd-40 and Morgan Valley Rd. (N 38 52.524 W 122 25.445) Probably 12 Noon. Had enough dirt? break off and head out on slab.

Fourth checkpoint: Cache Creek Bridge in Cache Creek Regional Park (N 38 54.518 W 122 18.704) off CA-16. 1:00PM Ditto: Had enough dirt? break off and head out on slab. Hint: The fast route back is through the dirt you just came from.

Usually back at Start point by 3:30PM
 
Last edited:
I was going to trailer the bike up but now I have decided to just ride. See you guys Sunday at Starbucks
 
if I'm not at starbucks by 9 then I will catch up at one of the other spots, will be on a black klr
 
Good ride today! I don't know exactly how many folks showed up today but it was a great crowd considering that only like 4 people posed up. And whole lot of fun checking out the waterfall area and beyond with our splinter group. Distance seemed perfect because I made it back to Winters sucking fumes... I gotta remember to take some pics next time...
 
Last edited:
some pics from yesterday's ride
xe5kplH.jpg

YZhRJQe.jpg

rmmz9Um.jpg

5lKGsh6.jpg

DfYu7Qz.jpg

avINU5v.jpg

gkIvHdn.jpg

KgtSpUB.jpg

nU9R0Ny.jpg

Z57HvvS.jpg

f9cP0Qk.jpg

IsF6cEb.jpg

5z9mnGJ.jpg

OZLyl6H.jpg

RrqxlYk.jpg

pkfzHHe.jpg

JKmtbNg.jpg


Will post the video soon
 
Last edited:
Hey Neeraj,
Looks like you guys had a super fun ride! How'd you like that area?

Did you wheelie over the log?
 
Hey Neeraj,
Looks like you guys had a super fun ride! How'd you like that area?

Did you wheelie over the log?

It was amazing, we should do this every weekend :teeth... semi wheelie , loaded the front suspensions and lots of gas :cool
 
Last edited:
Great pics, thanks for posting those... Kudos to all who made it out yesterday, looks like you had a good sized group.

Was the gate on Reiff Rd open?
 
Great pics, thanks for posting those... Kudos to all who made it out yesterday, looks like you had a good sized group.

Was the gate on Reiff Rd open?

It was closed, we went around it after few scary maneuvers :ride
 
Awesome ride guys. The small group of 6 of us that spilt off had a blast. Next time we will be able to do a full loop on the waterfall trail. Looks like it will be a tough one but we should be able to get it done.
 
Back
Top