• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

"When in doubt, gas it!" ahhaha. Unfortunately, my KLR doesn't even have the power to lift the front wheel off the ground like that. :(

I know the feeling :laughing



I hear you. Turns out I'm not able to ride my xrr like Johnny Campbell either. Heading out to the sheetiron in a few minutes to give it another try though. :laughing

:laughing

Have fun there. Ride fast, take chances! When in doubt, gas it!
 
I'm thinking about hauling my XR400 out on the Back of the FJ and starting at Meet up spot.
 
I'm thinking about hauling my XR400 out on the Back of the FJ and starting at Meet up spot.

I not going to make it this month. Trials riding tomorrow and Thunderhill on Saturday, plus my rear tire is completely done after baja and the sheetiron. Have fun, I'd love to see you on the xr400. Thats going to be a big difference from the klr!:ride
 
To the folks who trailer up to posers corner - where do you leave your vehicle? In the store/restaurant parking lot or in the abandoned gas station across the street?
 
I'd like to come but I have zero experience with dirt riding and have only had my wee for a few months.
 
I'd like to come but I have zero experience with dirt riding and have only had my wee for a few months.

Hey Woody,
The first portion through Knoxville is fairly tame and might be a good intro for you. There are usually a few people who go slowly so you might be okay there. You might want to skip the Reiff road portion, but that's up to you.

I'm not sure how many are going to turn out this weekend, it's always a crap shoot.

Weather looks to be friggen hot!! Bring lot's of water..
 
If the first section is beginner friendly then I'm in. I need to start practicing somewhere. Is it a bad idea to come after putting on a fresh set of Shinko 705 tires? I'm gonna be doing that tomorrow, but the ride up to Napa and some dirt roads will help scrub em in yeah?
 
Edit 6/13 8:30am: Dang-it... I'm out for today.. my wimpy-ass hitch hauler isn't cutting it for the 130 mile round trip. I couldn't get it stable enough and after I got half way across the city I decided to bail. Time to find the Ultimate MX-Hauler for myself..




If the first section is beginner friendly then I'm in. I need to start practicing somewhere. Is it a bad idea to come after putting on a fresh set of Shinko 705 tires? I'm gonna be doing that tomorrow, but the ride up to Napa and some dirt roads will help scrub em in yeah?

Even if you don't ride any dirt this is a great ride to scrub in them Shinko's. A few weeks ago they were re-paving sections of Berryessa - Knoxville Road so there were a lot of gravel/roughed up sections.

Just be cool and take it easy the first fifty turns or so on the rubber.
 
Last edited:
Have fun you guys, looks like the makings of an epic day.
 
I had limited time today, so I wasn't able to make it. I got out for a morning ride on the new scoot, but only for a few hours. Wifey and I are ripping up carpet and installing hardwood on our stairs, along with a couple of other house projects. The honey-do list is long at the moment. :laughing

Hope you guys had a great day!
 
Whats the new scoot?
 
Whats the new scoot?

Well...let's just say that I no longer need to try out your FZ-09 to get a feel for the motor. :teeth

ViRenP.jpg
 
NICE!! Congrats, and that color is sexy! I dont need to ask where you bought it from the pics.
 
:party
Still breaking it in, but I love it so far. I've got about 160 miles on it, so I'm getting closer to being able to ride it a bit harder. Even riding mellow, I'm having a blast.
 
:thumbup Cant wait to see it in person! Yamaha got a lot right with these bikes. Spent yesterday doing the full course at Thunderhill on mine! WOOT!!
 
Back
Top