• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

It should be. It was a blast in the wet last month. Unfortunately, I can't make it this month. Have fun and take pics.
 
No problem. If you're heading out there this weekend, be ready for the OHV area and Reiff road to have some VERY sticky/slimy clay mud. This stuff fills tread gaps quite effectively and keeping speed up is pretty much the only way to keep the tires clear enough to get traction. That said, if you are on a lighter bike it is an absolute blast. We had a guy on a KLR who rode has serious skills and still dropped it a couple of times. :wave Craig :rofl
 
I think I'll be in again this month if my suspension gets back in time. I need one more good shake down before baja.
 
I think I'll be in again this month if my suspension gets back in time. I need one more good shake down before baja.

You are a sick man.. It took so long to get all the crud off my bike from last time I just don't wanna do that again.. But then again...
 
You are a sick man.. It took so long to get all the crud off my bike from last time I just don't wanna do that again.. But then again...

I know the clean up part really sucks. I practically disassembled my bike to clean it. :laughing I find riding in the mud is so great at building confidence for regular riding and getting muddy is just plain fun, so I'm in assuming my bike is back together. :thumbup :party
 
I wish I could go. Wifey and a couple of friends are running a race in SF and I am their support vehicle. :|
 
I'm out, hafta work. :thumbdown
 
I'm out.. Riding my street bike in a different direction..
 
Late notice but I will be at crossroads about 9:45. Will coming in from Winters side. Hope to meet someone there. Don't want to play in dirt solo. Haven't had to much experience with mud.
 
What's goin guys, I've never been before and was wonderin if someone can PM me a number of someone who's going so I can actually contact someone if I get lost/plans change etc...
Thanks in advance!!
 
Have fun you guys! :thumbup
 
Had a nice ride. Roads were still wet most of the morning. Waited around at the crossroads for a little while. There were a few other riders there but no one wanted to get dirty. Took off for Knoxville solo. Was going to stay on pavement. When I got to ohv area the dirt was calling to me. Headed up the hill and the traction was great. Going down to 1st camp ground not so much. Made down without to many issues. There were a couple of large puddles before the bridge. The 2nd one had a hidden surprise for me and bumped my front end in a direction I wasn't planning on and down I went. Slow fall down but made me think I'm not where I should be alone. Turned around and headed home. Also the river crossing are still shallow. It was a great ride back. The sun came out a little and the roads dried up.
 
Got me a new dirt bike. Gotta finish brake-in and put TKCs on. Unlikely to make Feb ride. I'll shoot for March one.

12376185_10207564172969895_739509801071859834_n.jpg
 
I'm a relative noob but would like to make this ride some time soon.

For this ride, plated WR450 on Maxxis or Tiger 800 w/ mullet (Anakee3 rear and TKC front)?
 
I'm a relative noob but would like to make this ride some time soon.

For this ride, plated WR450 on Maxxis or Tiger 800 w/ mullet (Anakee3 rear and TKC front)?

Either will do fine but you'll probably have more fun on the 450.
 
Either will do fine but you'll probably have more fun on the 450.

Thanks for the opinion. I'll probably van the WR over the next time, scout it out, and then maybe consider bringing the expensive-to-fix heavy pig the next time around. ;)
 
Went out yesterday - the gate on Reiff is closed and mud is epic. Knoxville is considerably more manageable.

Did you go around the gate? I promise you that there is more mud beyond the gate :teeth
 
Back
Top