• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2026)

Dreading the day my parents need this level of care, they claim to have $$$ in place to cover care, it'll still suck. Not looking forward to aging myself, I didn't do anything bad aside from standing all day at work and my left ankle is now all gimpy, again this happens every week to varying degrees.

Anyway, I should gimp around and make coffee.
 
I am absolutely in denial about that type of care.

In Other news I downed the coffee with milk already. It made my head significantly better, no more groggy and headache.

I want another coffee immediately 😆😆😆 ... But I know it will hit the blood pressure. That is why.. I own a bag of decaf : 🥁 🥁 🥁 😆...

...okay we'll see if I make another one.

-
 
Yup, I'm pretty sure most of my grandparents wealth was used for elder care. I'll have no such safety net when I'm older.
 
Welp, my old-school gas gravity furnace -heater is not turning on again. I think it may be a problem with the thermopile (old , broken) not warming up enough from the pilot 🔥.

.. maybe I should try to hotwire its voltage again.
 
I wish I was in Monterey. The aquarium on a weekday would put my mind right.
In other news, ran into Geoff (Dave’s) at the Overland show in Santa Rosa.
 
Certainly, taking care of the elderly is a challenge. And even more so if they have Alzheimers. I can remember my wife crying out for me in the middle of the night. Constantly. For no reason. Many nights when I got no sleep. I remember having to walk outside, naked, in the middle of the night to get my wife who was completely naked, heading down the sidewalk to visit her friend who lived 20 miles away. I remember the times I’d find little balls of shit sitting around the house. Or smeared on the walls. It is not an easy job. Even when they are sitting quietly, you have the pain of knowing they are slowly dying right in front of you. And there is nothing you can do.
 
And I called him Neal fully knowing he was Jeff. I need to start squaring my marbles so I can stop losing them :googlyeyes
 
I am headed to Berkeley to help remove an insane person. Hope that house returns to some level of normalcy and we have all the keys.
I have to nail down some rally stuff, had been planning quiet Stonyford time for that but didn’t happen.
 
Change the locks?
Insane person had the locks changed, surprised a locksmith agreed to that since she is not the owner, nor is she a tenant the woman is/was a guest. My sister and I will get her packed up and deliver her to wherever tomorrow. Then we will play reclamation of the house.
My sister arrives tomorrow and my niece arrives Friday so I am covered for the rally.
Then rest!
 
Sounds like the day for unwelcome guests. My husbands ex showed up on our doorstep this afternoon. He handled it, gave her his phone number to de-escalate it a bit, and told her that in no uncertain terms was she allowed on our property again. I'm ready for a restraining order. Peter and I have been together for over 43 years. I used to be tolerant of her stopping by, but she has gotten to the point that it is abusive to Peter and myself. Frustrated and exhausted right now. Trying to decompress from this.
 
Back
Top