Can't disagree with that, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Being the edgy teenager was a defensive mechanism to being bullied as a kid.
Being the edgy adult isn't as cool anymore.
Recently was called cancerous to a friend group as a first impression and it's sent me down a rabbit hole.
I'm a nice guy, I pretend people like me and that I have this awesome friend structure. I know I'm this caring person but I'm also a dick. I'm too proud of it and I've realized that where I am today is because of that.
Truth is I have been lucky to make some amazing acquaintances, have worked with some amazing colleagues, and have retained very few friends in life.
Just because people "like you" in public doesn't make them like you in their own private Idaho to where they want you in their life.
The hardest part of SAHD life has been that realization.
I've recognized it in just my conversations here in a few days of whoring. That freedom to be myself is awesome and why I gravitated here in the first place but... I don't currently like myself. I may be less of an asshole than I was 15 years ago, but...
Well anyways, buffet line is open.
View attachment 602561