Lighterknot
New member
Where exactly is this gate? I went from Knoxville/Morgan Valley(140) and turned onto Reiff Rd(140a) and then continued until it turned into Rayhouse Rd(40) and ended up at 16 but having a hard time remembering a gate.
Chad, when did you go? The Gate is only closed during the rainy season. Usually open during the summer. The gate is just past the houses a couple of miles and before the lake.Where exactly is this gate? I went from Knoxville/Morgan Valley(140) and turned onto Reiff Rd(140a) and then continued until it turned into Rayhouse Rd(40) and ended up at 16 but having a hard time remembering a gate.
Chad, when did you go? The Gate is only closed during the rainy season. Usually open during the summer. The gate is just past the houses a couple of miles and before the lake.

Wish I could have gone on Sunday. I have been trying to catch up on house projects after the holidays. I like the master key idea. Cut the chain and add our own combo lock. I see a lot of chain locked roads with multiple locks when I work rural routes. Might not be noticed as much and stay on longer. Hope to ride next month and check it out or go around gate again. Maybe we will get a little rain by then to make the ride a little more adventurous.

Not possible with these type of gates a bolt type of a lock, room for one lock only. My guess is a small work party and build a path around it, each person bring a tool or two. Folding saw, small pick and axe folding shovel and work on it a bit at a time so we bring no attention to ourselves. This is the adventure page right ? where heres your chance at a adventure.![]()

I'll be going on more of these rides in the coming months. Hopefully, I will see you kiddies in Feb.

Me too. My new job has me flying to Detroit every Sunday 'til Jul, but I'll be scheduling Mon flights once/month![]()