• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I was thinking of trying to make my way there from Santa Rosa by taking 29 over the hill to Lower Lake.Is there still a planned 10:30 meet up at the south entrance?Any one else from the SR taking that route?
 
have crash bars, better tires, and 2 cans of fix-a-flat (one for Bonerov) so i'm ready! :ride
 
I was thinking of trying to make my way there from Santa Rosa by taking 29 over the hill to Lower Lake.Is there still a planned 10:30 meet up at the south entrance?Any one else from the SR taking that route?

Banjoboy is from your area and supposedly coming on this ride on his FZ6 "dirt bike".
 
View attachment 402913cant make this one.will be racing with the OTHG at hollister.will miss riding with all my new freinds i have made on this ride,have fun and ride safe.:ride
 
Last edited:
Heat Warning?

Sunday 8/12 High of 87 Degrees

Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 87. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME. SPOTTER ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE NEEDED.

Special Weather Statement for North Bay Interior Valleys, CA
Issued by The National Weather Service
San Francisco/Monterey, CA
Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 1:22 PM PDT

THE HOT TEMPERATURES SHOULD BEGIN TO MODERATE BEGINNING ON SUNDAY AS THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BEGINS TO WEAKEN AND SHIFT EASTWARD. ADDITIONAL COOLING IS THEN EXPECTED FOR THE FIRST PART OF NEXT WEEK.

PERSONS WITH OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES PLANNED FOR THIS WEEK SHOULD PRACTICE HEAT SAFETY TIPS. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER... WEAR LIGHT LOOSE-FITTING CLOTHING... AND AVOID STRENUOUS ACTIVITY... ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY. REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE THAT PETS HAVE PLENTY OF WATER AND SHADE. NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN ALONE IN CARS AS TEMPERATURES CAN VERY QUICKLY REACH DANGEROUS LEVELS. BEAT THE HEAT... CHECK THE BACKSEAT.

hydrate_or_die_sticker-p217665620893687289qjcl_400.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was thinking of trying to make my way there from Santa Rosa by taking 29 over the hill to Lower Lake.Is there still a planned 10:30 meet up at the south entrance?Any one else from the SR taking that route?
I usually go over Trinity ta Lake Hennessy, to Turtle Rock. If you wanta meet me at the Fair Grounds Chevron at 8:45, I can show you the way. :teeth
 
Yup as Seavoyage has been repeating, heat is the real deal and you sweat like mad in full gear. Checking NOAA for the forecast at altitude, we are looking at a high of 100-102! :party
 
Well I wish I could attend but my left shoulder is very painful and I almost cant lift my arm so off road riding my be out for me. If I am not there then I am not there and this is my reason why. Have fun all and pics please
 
I'm working a string of sundays. Don't know when I'll be able to make it.
 
We'll be up at Turtle Rock 'round 9:40 :teeth
 
Route

We'll be up at Turtle Rock 'round 9:40 :teeth

Turtle Rock is where we usually loose riders that dont make the turn off CA-128 onto Knoxville Berryessa Rd. You can't miss Banjoboy in his Blue/Yellow Aerostitch gear!

The route is pretty basic: It's an ADVenture... don't worry about getting lost... even when you run out of gas...you're still in North America

Start point => Left onto North on Suisun Valley Rd to CA-121 (Turn Right: (Follow the sign to Lake Berryessa!)

CA-121 to CA-128 (Posers/Crossroads) Turn Left (Follow the sign to Lake Berryessa!)

CA-128 to Knoxville Berryessa Rd. Turn Right (Follow the sign to Lake Berryessa!)

Some riders miss the Knoxvill OHV Southern Entrance. If you go under a overpass on Morgan Valley Rd, you went 1 mile too far...

Welcome Dan Blum and his guests from MotoXotica with their interesting bikes...

If it starts getting hot after 11AM, suggest call it a day at Cache Creek at 1PM: Ride fast on the slab to stay cool!

You also get to bail on Morgan Valley Rd. to find the Beer Cave in Lower Lake!
 
Last edited:
Just a reminder to everyone that it's KSU at 9:00am tomorrow. If we are going to beat the worst of the heat, we should try to stick to that KSU start time. :thumbup
Please arrive in Cordelia early enough to do whatever you need to do so we can start this ride on time.
Thanks and CYA in the morning.:ride
 
Great Ride!

It was great to meet y'all....looking forward to the next one. Now if I can just push through this arm pump its time to go wake boarding!

Bill - KTM500EXC
 
Home!
Great ride'in with y'all. :party ("specially my home boy shawn)
Thanks Drew, (For nuthin :twofinger ) 'n thanks Aaron & Gregg fer step'in up, and orchestrating this thang.
 
Thanks Drew, (For nuthin :twofinger ) 'n thanks Aaron & Gregg fer step'in up, and orchestrating this thang.

Jealous! :mad Thanks y'all for helping me out, I hope to be back in the USA before the end of the month...

Need pics for 'proof of life' or I'll presume Sunday ride was a hoax... just like the Apollo 11 moon landing: all Hollywood
 
Jealous! :mad Thanks y'all for helping me out, I hope to be back in the USA before the end of the month...

Need pics for 'proof of life' or I'll presume Sunday ride was a hoax... just like the Apollo 11 moon landing: all Hollywood
Don't be jelly, it wuz real hot. The heat dun knocked my dick in the dirt!!!
Here's mah dirt bike in it's natural element...

Dirtbike-Knoxville.jpg


And when I inquired as to whom wus number one, most of the other rides indicated I wuz. :p

NumberOne.jpg
 
Best b-day ride ever!

WOW! What a ride! Thanks everyone for making this my best b-day ride EVER!:party

You guys are a great bunch of fellas and great bunch of riders too. To go out and play in the dirt in that kind of heat takes a special sense of adventure fer shure.:thumbup

Now I have to go through some 500 photos that my GOPRO captured. Yup, 500..... I was shooting stills every 30 seconds not video. I'll post the good ones as soon as I can.

Later.....
Greg
 
Big fire burning north of Clear Lake. What did you guys do?
 
Back
Top