SRAD600
Active member
- Joined
- Feb 15, 2003
- Location
- Claremont, California
- Moto(s)
- broken one's
- Name
- Eldrick
- BARF perks
- AMA #3347697
Cabin cruiser, get yourself a Clymer's manual and go for it! The 650 is a very basic design that hasn't changed in years. Any questions, pm me. Or, better yet, if You aren't going to fix it, I would be interested in it IF you haven't been running it after it shelled out the gear.
I'll second this. I've had my XR650L motor apart about four times now (down to the crank) and it's a very similar motor. A tranny gear replacement isn't difficult. Forget the clymer and get yourself a proper suzuki shop manual, and as long as you follow the directions, it's fairly simple. The first time I did this I had help/ someone coaching and that made all the difference.
My 0.02, if you do this, just shell out for the special tools ahead of time, they save sooo much time in the end it's not even funny.
G'luck.
But it looks like I'll be busy at work tomorrow... 
















