• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Next ADV ride is Hawthorne weekend- I am out as well.

I would like to do Carnegie Sal! Let's talk ;)
 
Sounds like a packed ride this time! Heal up Chris. I'll be at Hawthorne too so maybe the Oct ride.
 
Just to post an update.

Had an MRI of my shoulder & visit with the Dr. today. There are multiple fractures on my humerus. Partial tear on my rotator cuff, and a torn labrum (given). The good news is at this time surgery is not required. Depending on how the labrum heals or how loose my shoulder is in the socket I may need surgery to fix that up.

As long as everything heals up, I won't need surgery on either knee or shoulder.

Once insurance is figured out I'll post more details about the accident itself. If you have pictures, please send them my way.

I don't know what my motorcycle future holds. Since I'm pretty immobile I've been depending on my wife for pretty much everything. With two little kids, it's a bit of a chore to handle. That said, I think I may be a dirt only rider for the foreseeable future. Perhaps I can do events like the sheetiron, but that's tbd.

Oh, special thanks to Troy & MikeyP (not sure if he's on barf) for getting my motorcycle into my garage. The other party's insurance adjustor/picture taker came yesterday to evaluate the motorcycle.

And thanks again to those who helped, I really appreciate it. It would've sucked to be sitting in the middle of the road alone with a messed up knee & dislocated shoulder.
 
Just to post an update.

Had an MRI of my shoulder & visit with the Dr. today. There are multiple fractures on my humerus....

Nothing funny about that, man. :(

All joking aside, I'm very glad to see that you are relatively ok. Those injuries will heal (mostly), and at least you will still have the lion share of your mobility intact. More importantly, you didn't suffer any nasty head trauma. The road to recovery will suck (been there, done that), but at least you are on it. Hang in there and let us know if we can help in any way. :thumbup
 
Sorry to hear you got nailed and will be recovering from multiple breaks--and good on the BARFers and others who helped.

Be patient, you will heal!

Hoping to make one of these rides myself once I'm solid on a bike again.
 
If you have pictures, please send them my way.


20130811_105628.jpg


20130811_105542.jpg


20130811_105447.jpg


20130811_105852.jpg



God speed your recovery. :mstingray
 
Hey Chris, I think your forks might be bent...:twofinger
Looks like he was a little far over on your side. Lemme know if I can help once you get your insurance feedback and police report.
Sounds like you are on the mend. Get well man.
 
I hate to be the one to say this but it looks like you both were in the middle of the road and that part is a one lane road for sure... Bummer man, wrong place and the wrong time. Hope you heal up soon, BTW it looks like the Zuki can be repaired pretty easily.
 
As many times that I've been hauling ass on that road, I always fear this:wow
Heal up bro, best of luck. Try trials....a lot safer.:teeth
 
Damn did his mug hit the windshield? Ever since this happened I have been making it a habit of slowing through blind corners and staying real tight to the outside. I've had a lot of close calls where the car/truck is hauling ass in the middle of the single lane probably just like this hunter.
 
Thanks for the pictures. The truck came to rest in the middle of the road, the wide angle of the camera's lens make it somewhat hard to determine that from the pictures. The CHP & insurance co. comes out to look for skids marks to see where the accident occurred.

From my point of view, the driver of the truck got distracted and looked behind him. This caused his truck to swerve onto my side of the road. When I saw his truck heading toward me I hit my brakes, the last reading on my GPS was ~3mph prior to impact.

Prior to the truck wandering over, we were both over on our sides of the road. My GPS had me at about 20mph at this time, I estimate him going about the same speed. He definitely wasn't one of the speeding trucks, in fact he had a queue of trucks behind him.


One of the items the CHP mentioned to me at the hospital is that some of the hunters keep a look out for things to hunt as they drive down the road. I don't know if this was the cause of this accident, but it's something to keep aware of when riding this time of year.
 
One of the items the CHP mentioned to me at the hospital is that some of the hunters keep a look out for things to hunt as they drive down the road. I don't know if this was the cause of this accident, but it's something to keep aware of when riding this time of year.

Looks like this guy found something. :|

Have you managed to get your hands on the accident report? I'm hoping that they find the hunter at least 51% at fault in this case.
 
Who was the responding officer? Was it Duncan? That man is a saint!
 
Back
Top